Dc_student, Renter in Dupont Circle, Washi...

I am looking for a safe place to live in Dupont circle area as I am a student and may need to travel at night after 9 PM based on my class schedule.

Asked by Dc_student, Dupont Circle, Washington, DC Sat Jul 10, 2010

Please advise which areas are best to live withing Dupont Circle area and which areas should be avoided. Thanks in advance for a response.

Answers

4
Daniel Johnson’s answer
Agreed this question is loaded. Dupont is a desirable place to live, the unfortunate reality is that crime is a part of society. Try this website http://crimemap.dc.gov/presentation/intro.asp to help you make your own conclusions.
If you need help with your rental search feel free to ask! Should we not cross paths good luck and I hope your semester in the District is an enjoyable one!
If you are concerned about safety--your best source of information is the local police department, why not visit/call and ask all your questions--hear all there is to hear firsthand--they'll gladly help.
Nothing is better then Flats at Dupont Circle by Archstone.I strongly recommend that
This is a loaded question, what I deem safe may or may not seem safe to you. I suggest you drive by the areas that you are interested in at night to get a feel of the area. You can also contact the local police station and ask them for guidance. There may also be a couple of websites that track crime by zip code or by various blocks; perhaps a google search of "crime stats for Dupont Circle DC may suffice.

It is not clear if you are looking to buy or to rent but if you are thinking about renting, you may be able to contact some of your classmates who are living in the area for guidance and maybe even the housing office of your school.
Web Reference: http://www.urbanerealty.com