Crime & Safety in 67214>Question Details

Maryann Pete…, Home Buyer in Wichita, KS

I am looking at one house in particular on Emporia and noticed 4 or more other houses for sale: any clue why so many are moving at once??

Asked by Maryann Petersen, Wichita, KS Sun Nov 6, 2011

I have some concerns about the safety in this 67214 neighborhood and was hoping to get some comments back. Specifically, as stated earlier, I am looking at a property on North Emporia in the Historical District. Beyond safety I would also like any clue to why so many are trying to pick up and move all at once, seems questionable and even maybe concerning. Any clues would be appreciated.

Answers

1
Reenie West’s answer
People sell their homes for all kinds of reasons. Job transfers, divorce, health reasons, death, birth, down sizing, up sizing whatever. Some sellers have been waiting and watching the market to put their homes up for sale. One school of thought is "if my neighbor puts their home up for sale and I have been thinking of selling; their home may sell my home so I'll list it and see what happens". If you look in all the neighborhoods in Wichita you will find multiple homes for sale. One popular area has 44 homes for sale. As far as safety, the best answer was from the Agent in NY, speak with the police department if you have concerns.