Crime & Safety in Hemet>Question Details

Hhps, Other/Just Looking in Hemet, CA

I am interested in buying a rental house in Hemet. A friend told me that Hemet is a "drop off' site for ex-cons. Is this true?

Asked by Hhps, Hemet, CA Thu Apr 21, 2011

Are there certain areas in Hemet that are gang or crime ridden where one should be cautious about buying a rental home in?

Answers

2
Anna Brocco’s answer
When it comes to any safety concerns, do contact/visit the local authorities and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
People from all backgrounds need rental housing. If you do your due diligence and rent to qualified tenants, you'll be fine.

Perhaps the police station or a sheriffs deputy can point you into the direction of low crime neighborhoods.

To discover whether an area is a good investment area, I'd recommend contacting landlords or property management companies. Ask them what their vacancy, eviction and unlawful detainer rates are.

There are some good people in San Jacinto and Hemet, and there are some amazing homes built in 2005 and 2006, that are selling for $135k, that would easily rent for more than the mortgage payment.