Crime & Safety in 34287>Question Details

Bethshop23, Home Buyer in Cape Coral, FL

I am considering purchasing a single familretirement home in Northport FL. One crime website shows several shootings in the area. Is this a safe area?

Asked by Bethshop23, Cape Coral, FL Mon Jul 4, 2011

Answers

5
I used to live in North Port before moving to Port Charlotte. North Port is located in southern Sarasota County, FL. It is a very safe place to live. If you want to find out more information about North Port, go to the city web site at: http://cityofnorthport.com/

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Happy Independence Day! Yes, senseless acts of violence happen everywhere; so many they go unnoticed in many communities. In the 100+ square mile city of North Port, we have our own Police Force, Fire Department, Rescue and Emergency protection, Schools (public, chartered, and privately operated) places of Recreation and Religious and are also covered by Sarasota County Services. Our newspaers are published by the Sarasota Herald and Charlotte Sun organizations. There is much to do and discover about North Port and surrounding areas. We suggest our web page as a good place to find out as much as you can about this area, and compare as you will with other areas you may be considering. We live in North Port, and love it!

Barrie White, Realtor®/Consultant/SFR/CDPE
RE/MAX Palm Realty Inc.
Barrie@GetItDoneTeam.net
Phone: 941.628.6344
Fax: 941.429.8779
http://MyFloridaHomesMLS.com/BarrieWhite
Hello Bethshop23,

Yes, there are many areas in all of Florida which are dangerous. I am sure you can find them all. I would suggest you look at the general crime ratio in comparison to other areas close by. Use the sheriff's websites for Sarasota County and Charlotte County. looking at the overall crime rate statistics per-capita would give you a true census of the individual cities. If I can provide you with more information please contact me directly.

Faye Doyle, LLC
GRI: Graduate Real Estate Institute
CDPE: Certified Distressed Property Expert
ABR: Accredited Buyer's Representative
WCR: Woman's Council of Realtors
TRC: Transnational Referral Certification
e-PRO®: Certification Internet Professionalism
Coldwell Banker
100 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236
Fax: 941-364-8740
Email: fayedoylellc@gmail.com
Website: http://www.FayeDoyle.com
Happy 4th of July, Yes i do live in North Port and feel very safe. There are some bad apples in every
community, but i feel the police department keeps our community safe. If you have any more Questions
just call or go to my website and look around our community homes. Where are you coming from??

Andrea Doyle Maul
941-456-1576
andreasellsswf.kwrealty.com
I have lived in North Port since 1991 and love the area and my kids love the schools. I feel the area is safe and yes, there were some incidents that happened here in North Port, but if you compare to surrounding areas, North Port is by far a great place to raise a family or to retire. If you like gated communities there are some available. I myself do not live in a gated community for I like the privacy of owning more land with my house. If you are looking for an agent that really knows the area, please give me a call. I look forward to helping you with your real estate needs.
Debbie Bennice, REALTOR
Century 21 Almar & Associates
Port Charlotte, FL
Office: 941-627-3321 Ext. 1089