Crime & Safety in Stockton>Question Details

Markm8128, Home Buyer in Stockton, CA

I am concerned about Stockton's crime. Are there any safer neighborhoods...say 5 or 6 miles out of town,

Asked by Markm8128, Stockton, CA Mon May 25, 2009

which may be more sheltered from the gang activites and other crimes?

Answers

4
Mark,

Have you considered checking out Lodi? I grew up in Stockton and have lived in Lodi for 20 years and it's a great place to live.

Randy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 3, 2009
There are outskirts of Stockton itself which do not have the gang problem. Check out crime rates by zip code (for example downtown and south side are the high crime areas).
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 26, 2009
Hello Mark,
You are right to be concerned with crime in Stockton as it seems to be getting worse in some areas. Although never immune from crime no matter where you live, I believe there are some very good areas to live in Stockton. To name a few:
Lincoln Village
Lincoln Village West
Spanos Park
Brookside
For the most part these areas are safe and are good communities.
For more information check out this new tool from the city of stockton, which maps crime calls in differnet locations. Although, I must say this site is not always functioning. Its hit and miss.
http://webmaps.stocktongov.com/mapcentric/pub/spdmap.aspx
David
Sure, check near Waterloo and 88. Also, Hwy 26 and Linden but Wayne is right - there are plenty of safe areas in Stockton. The properties out-of-town can be expensive because most have large lots and they haven't been impacted as much by the foreclosure market. Great time to buy due to low prices.