callmarina, Home Buyer in Port Orange, FL

I am a nice older lady thinking for move to 3866 Ingraham St to live on the beach for a while...just wondering if its a good idea and safe?

Asked by callmarina, Port Orange, FL Thu Nov 1, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental-community/9000029109/Bay-Pointe…

Answers

7
I've been seeing an inordinate amount of these questions popping up on Trulia in recent weeks. As I've said on the other threads I've commented on there's absolutely no way of guaranteeing that any neighborhood will have little or especially NO CRIME.

We're living in a very different time and place today. Unlike anytime since possibly the Great Depression we are living in very volatile socio economic times everywhere in America as well as most places in the World.

What with dynamics like poverty, homelessness, unemployment, illegal immigration and shear desperation it's clearly obvious why crime is on the rise everywhere. What were once considered very safe and secure upscale neighborhoods are now viable high value targets for those who wish to prey on them.

I've livee in a very laid back, low key semi rural North San Diego country neighborhood for the past 33 years. During that time we've never locked the doors on our cars or homes and we've always left our bicycles out unlocked.

In the past several months we've had an influx of multi-family or multi-tenant renters moving into several of the single family residents that have come up for rent throughout our neighborhood. Sometimes there are as many as a dozen old cars and trucks parked in the driveways and on the streets.

Common sense has to tell you that these folks aren't the most financially privileged or steadily employeed. Hence, lot's of folks are hungry and desperate to pay the rent so voila our once very safe and quiet neighborhoods become not so safe and secure.

As a result we've seen a dramatic increase in break-ins and burglaries. Fortunetley there has been no violent crime. Just folks stealing bicycles, lawn mowers & myriad garden tools or anything of value that's not secured. We even have a neighbor who's had 4 chickens stolen in the past month. Duh........ya think they might be hungry?

So we took measures into our own hands and with the help of local law enforcement we've facilitated a NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH PROGRAM. Since the signs have gone up and we've installed or activated existing security systems and video cameras and our buddies at the Sheriff's Dept have been making their presence known and we've all been keeping in touch with one another and notifying one another when we'll be out of town things have really calmed down. In fact there have been no incidents in the past couple of months.

So the long and short of it is that there is no totally safe and secure way of keeping your neighborhood free of crime. The best thing you can do is become involved in your community and stay aware of the folks who live around you.
Hi I lived on Cass St and love it in PB very safe in north PB ! never felt afraid and I'm older .I would recommend it !!! Fun, vibrant place. Happy there

Thank you for your question!
There are various coastal areas to choose from.
3866 Ingraham St is in the Crown Point area and a main street/artery into Pacific Beach with walking distance to the bay.
If we can assist you in any way please contact our team.

Make it a great day!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
First off I think it’s a great idea. There is very little crime in the area so I would definitely consider this area safe. The demographic is a little young…
Here is a link to Trulia's crime chart for the area which should give you a pretty good outlook on what is happening..
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Pacific_Beach-San_Diego/13…

I have a few other areas that may be a better fit for you, feel free to contact me if you would like to get some local insight on each area.

Joseph Arendsen
Joseph@ArendsenGroup.com
760-672-0174
Hello, I am a woman in my 50's and I would certainly feel comfortable living on Ingraham. If you can do stairs, second floor units always seem a bit safer me.

If you are computer savvy, here is a great link for looking up crime statistics...just punch in the an address, or an intersection, and you will be told what type of crime exists in that area...

http://www.crimemapping.com

Please let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Take care,
I can speak from experience, Baypoint is a great place to live with lots of amenities. You have world famous Rocky's and Crest liquor. Rockys has the best hamburgers. Baypoint has security guards that patrol the property. I had many friends that lived @ BP so I know that complex well. I hope that helps..
Well Ma'am,

We always need nice neighbors like you. If you want to live on the beach, do it! because you only live once, unless you believe in reincarnation and come back as a cat with all its lives, but that is another subject.

As REALTORS, we cannot comment on "safe", but here is the link. When are you coming to San Diego? Lets talk to see if it is feasible for you to buy.

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516
Crown Point would be my pick..or even better La Jolla
Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014