Crime & Safety in Patterson>Question Details

Jazminamolina, Home Buyer in Patterson, CA

ITS A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE IN PATTERSON?

Asked by Jazminamolina, Patterson, CA Sun Jun 3, 2012

Answers

4
I live in Patterson the neighborhood looks nice.... We took the kids to the close park. Fairly new construction houses a lot of parks here. My kids were playing in the bushes hiding and jumping out. When my six year old son pulled out a hand gun wrapped in a shirt. So I we haven't been to a park here since. There are a lot of ADT signs more every day. The good thing is Patterson still responds to unconfirmed alarms some cities do not, and they encourage you to get one. The lower house price means lower class unfortunately. Quite a few loud parties on weekends, sheriff responds to those too. Higher food prices higher gas prices. I commute to Turlock to shop once a week. Oh and here you can watch cockroaches cross the street at stop signs. No I am not kidding they are outside and I did find one once directly under the air duct in the kids' room. I spray outside around the house frequently and have a shovel handy. I taped the vent above my bed closed so I could sleep at night, really I did. Oh so you know taxes are much higher here than Manteca, Newman, and just about everywhere else I checked. I don't think crime is worse than anywhere else but unemployment is around 20% and society is just more uncivilized in general so there you go.
Hey Jazminamolina. We visited the area primarily where newer housing has been constructed and it looks safe, there were kids out riding bikes and a few families at the parks. We traveled to the city's main street which looked older. I didn't get the impression that there was much to do there (which can lead to incidences) but we are looking at purchasing in that area due to affordable housing. Please keep in touch if you decide to buy. We're currently renting in south San Francisco Bay Area and are in contract for a short sale home in Patterson. If all goes well, we might be neighbors so feel free to keep in touch.
Hey Jazmina,

Here is Trulia's Crime map on Patterson, CA which would help answer your question: http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Patterson-California/

Let me know if I can help with anything else,

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
For some reason the crime data has not been updated since 2006. There have been a few murders here this year. Some home burglaries. Strong arm robberies. Auto thefts.
Flag Wed Aug 8, 2012
Here are some demographics of the Patterson area.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Patterson-California.html

I am not sure if you have been to or heard of Diablo Grande, but this community in Patterson is very safe, quiet, and pleasant to live in.

If you need help with your home search, contact me anytime!!!

Cassie Bobrow
209-566-5212

http://www.realestatebycassie.com