Crime & Safety in Pomona>Question Details

Pattijazz1, Home Buyer in Pomona, CA

How safe is the campus of Cal Poly Pomona, and the neighborhoods surrounding it???

Asked by Pattijazz1, Pomona, CA Sun Sep 16, 2012

Answers

5
the campus is actually very safe, nothing crazy really happens. I live in the downtown pomona area and it's pretty safe, the police station is in walking distance from where i live. There are incidents that occur from time to time but if you don't go out looking for trouble you're fine.
The Cal Poly campus itself is very very safe. I attended there for many years we had very little incidents and it is the largest college campus in all of Calif. surrounded by farmland, rolling hills, and agriculture so it is very isolated and well looked after by the campus police. I always felt incredibly safe on campus, walking/jogging at night was never a problem. Some of the surrounding areas are iffy but they are a bit of a distance away. Certain areas around the campus are very nice neighborhoods depending on the direction you travel. There has been a big restoration push in Pomona in the historic areas over the past 10 years but there are still some shady areas. I grew up in Pomona at a time when it was heavily gang infested. My family moved to Rancho Cucamonga to get away from some of it but it seems to have turned around a bit. Tough to tell unless you drive through at night though!
Pomona has 3 great historic districts, a large general hospital and near all the freeways. I moved from Orange County to Pomona 16 years ago and love it hear.
Anything East and South/East of Cal Poly is not a good area.

Plug the address into this website for crime statistics in that neighborhood.

http://www.crimemapping.com/default.aspx

Jessica Acker
Wellman Realty Company
310-828-3132