Crime & Safety in Allston>Question Details

Kathleen, Renter in 02148

How safe is the area surrounding 8 Farrington Ave? Are there off-street parking options available nearby?

Asked by Kathleen, 02148 Wed Dec 11, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3043224246-8-Farrington-Ave-6-B…

Answers

5
Realtors are prohibited from answering questions like "How safe is the neighborhood" It would be in the persons best interest to find that information on their own by checking statistics at the local police precinct
I agree with all answers below.
As to street parking. please walk around and see for yourself.
Best of luck.
Realtors cannon comment of safety.

I would ask the listing agent for off street parking:

Scott Schneider
(617) 247-3554
As a realtor, it is actually against the law to answer as to whether a neighborhood is "safe" or not. The best way to gain information on this topic is to look at the local police reports. The crime in the area is all public knowledge. That being said, I lived in this neighborhood for over two years and I personally had no "problems".
This is not a neighborhood that my agents handle.... but I lived on Highgate adjacent to Farrington in my younger days. This is a largely student area and has a lot of student activities. I consider this a safe area, as are MOST in Boston. Boston is blessed with a low crime rate, and especially a low violent crime rate. We are a city, and anything can happen, but I love it here.
Web Reference: http://www.abostonloft.com
get your ish together dougy, what you just said is illegal. Don't you remember that question on the license test?
-Claude
Flag Thu Feb 27, 2014