Richard Reyes, Renter in 11217

How safe is the area around the intersection of Franklin & Eastern Parkway. Just got a place in that area but now am a bit concerned.

Asked by Richard Reyes, 11217 Sun Jul 27, 2014

Answers

7
Contact/visit the local police department for any necessary crime/safety information....
Be aware that real estate professionals are prohibited from answering such questions, therefore don't simply rely on opinions; the police department is always your best source--as is chatting with neighbors/locals and revisiting the area more than once and at different times of day. All the best to you!
Flag Tue Jul 29, 2014
Anna,
Thanks for the reply. I did look at stats through NYPD and some other orgainizations. Just wanted to get a sense from some folks who live in the area. Stats can somtimes be misleading, especially with a location like this that lies on the border between two NYPD Precints...71 & 77. Thanks again.
Flag Mon Jul 28, 2014
I have been living a little further up Eastern Parkway ( East) for more than ten years and touch wood have never had an issue. I have visitors from London staying coming home at all hours of the night after clubbing in Manhattan and never had a problem. That said I do think if you do not feel safe in an area, you will be the one that gets picked on.
Crime does happen everywhere. No neighborhood is immune from it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 31, 2014
Kathryn,
Thanks for your feedback. We are looking forard to our new neighborhood.
Richard
Flag Thu Jul 31, 2014
You can visit http://www.SpotCrime.com and http://www.CrimeReports.com for street specific stats.

Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 28, 2014
Hello Chris,
Flag Mon Jul 28, 2014
You'll be fine over there. Trust me. I've been in the business for about 6 years and I've watched that area change. I hang out on St. Johns and Franklin every weekend.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 27, 2014
Hello "No go"
Thanks for the feedback. Nice to hear from someone who knows the neighborhood. I looked up some "stats" but we all know how they can sometimes paint a picture that isn't the same as what people are actually living.
Thanks again!
Flag Mon Jul 28, 2014
Good afternoon! It is always better for your safety to check it on http://www.spotcrime.com. Good luck and stay safe!
Where do you live right now? Go to crime.com and put in your old address so you can get an idea of what it looks like, if your moving because you need a safer place to live then the crime.com will tell you about the crime where your at and where your going so you can compare. No one can tell you about an area as everyone's opinion of safe is different. Do your research.
Crime happens everywhere. With that said, I've lived and worked in the area for years and I can tell you that the area is fine! Additionally, there are several new businesses that are adding more value to the intersection and there's increased police presence. Check out some of the new businesses like Owl & Thistle, Butter & Scotch Dessert Bar, Pulp & Bean, and there's a noodle shop on Union that I like.