Mona, Both Buyer and Seller in Mounds View, MN

How safe is the area around Cty H and Hwy 10 for townhome purchase, considering apartments in the area?

Asked by Mona, Mounds View, MN Sun Jan 8, 2012

Answers

5
I lived in this area a long time. People enjoy there homes here. I had a bike stolen once (over 20 years). There is more theft in parking lots everywhere right now, especially these apartment building and mall lots it seems. People are safe in the area and it has great schools and kids enjoy the area. It is not that great by this apartment building. Much better by homes in the area, maybe consider a home instead of this townhome. When you live by multi-housing, it changes more. It's more predictable by the homes and there are some nice starter home buys. The schools, Long Lake park are great and access to cities is awesome.
I live around this area, and I am moving because it is not a very safe area. There is a lot of crime around here - we hear about thefts on a weekly basis. People break into our apartment building a lot. The cars in our parking lots have been broken into a lot lately, too. We do not feel safe walking around at night. Overall, this is not a very safe place to live. I hope you find an area that is more safe for you and your family!
Hi, Mona!
Yes, these "safety" questions put us in a difficult position as agents!!! We are bound by our licensure not to discriminate in any way and, sometimes, by us providing opinions about whether an area is safe or not or info about crime rates in a given area, smacks of us telling the buyer what's acceptable and not acceptable about an area. This would be considered what our industry calls "STEERING". And, we can't do that. When you enter in to a purchase agreement, you'll see that there are places on the forms, (SEVERAL TIMES) where you must accept responsibility for checking out the the information on your own so YOU feel satisfied with it.

And, really, do you want us making that call for you?? I mean, what we might find acceptable, might not be acceptable at ALL for you, and vice versa. Make sense?

Good luck, Mona and let us know how it turns out~
Anna is right! We have two very efficient and complete systems for similar information - our local community service officers of the police departments in our municipalities and the metro council which covers the 11 county area. Our MLS and many of our individual websites will link you to the information you want. Liz, 612-986-4105
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/