Mary E., Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

How safe is the Oak Ridge, St. Petersburg area? Compared to Lake Pasadena estates area? Thanks!

Asked by Mary E., Chicago, IL Fri Jun 20, 2008

Answers

3
Mary,

I'll basically second or third what the other folks have suggested. Like pretty much anywhere else in the country there are areas within most large cities that are extremely safe & others that aren't. St Pete is no different. You're doing the right thing by doing as much homework as you can prior to making a move.

It is tough to generalize about specific areas, however, especially if it's not in your area of expertise. Getting the information directly from the horse's mouth so to speak is the best approach. Here is a link to the St Pete Police Department's websit - http://www.stpete.org/police/index.htm.

If I can be of any service, should you decide to move here, please give me a call.

Jim Moran, Broker Associate, Prudential Tropical Realty 727-278-4711 -
The Pinellas County Sherrif's office has a webpage with crime statistics for the county. Drive around areas at different times of day to see if you would like living there.
Mary,
Our best recommendation is for you to get in touch with St. Petersburg Police Departmant or the County Sheriff's Department. They have access to the most recent and accurate information and generally are willing to be supportive.

The "Eckler Team"