Crime & Safety in Muncie>Question Details

Erika, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

How safe is muncie indiana? Are there any sections/blocks I should stay clear from when purchasing a rental property? And why?

Asked by Erika, Brooklyn, NY Wed Jul 3, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

2
Best to get a dog no matter where you live in Muncie, if you are a single woman, the bums will harass you ( they want you to support them) and even break in at broad daylight. The meth houses are plenty, You can do some research by researching--drugs, meth arrests, drug busts, etc... etc Also parents neglect their kids up there(it is in the paper) and don't be surprised if someone wants to kick your butt for saying anything or doing anything that could tick them off--lots and lots of gangs--bigtime. Ball StateU is on the west side and has a very nice hospital, If I were you, get a gun and some dogs and dead bolt locks, read the papers online up there to--Muncie star press, Muncie has always been wild, even in its manufactering heydays,(called little Chicago) gang drive by shootings at heeken park, the cost of living is cheaper tho, I would not buy a rental property in this city, too many drugies and they all rent, also lots of sex addicts /sex offenders that get out of prison live in Muncie from all over the countys in that region, unemployement is very high and people like to drink and litter out at prairie creek. The air is cleaner--one of top clean citys--top ten in usa--there just needs to be more jobs and opportunity up there--lots of bars and a strip club on Madison keep the drunks and bsu drinkers happy, I stayed at a motel on south Madison one time out by the bowling ally, and needless to say, did not get any sleep because their bar tends to draw lots of party animals from ball state u and it was horrid they were outside my door hundreds it seems laughing screaming and all kinds of stuff- these animals from bsu just could not stop partying, they like to drink "help I have fallen and I can't reach my beer--I am at ball state"--no joke some have even drinken and drugged their selves to death, of course that is on the front page of indpls star and news. Their is prostitution up there by the homeless women and you can always get a pickup in Muncie from ballstate or elsewhere, if you can trust your hubby--if not avoid this city, it is hard to get good service at the resturants and even the fast food places too, they cannot cook at all up there, It is nasty and rude in Anderson too, Indy is like that now but Muncie is by far the worst or they just have a better newspaper that reports it
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
That hasn't been my experience at all. I'm so sorry that you had such a hard time. Looks like you have that same kind of luck wherever you go. I loved it in Muncie. The food is great, the service is great and the college kids and homeless people are what they are... Everywhere. As far as prostitutes and unfaithful husbands???? Sorry you ran into such... I hope people that read this review realize that it's not like that in Muncie. They make it sound like an episode of the walking dead. And really... When unread all of that review you'll see that no matter where they go..... There they r.
Please give Muncie a try. You'll be glad that u did. I certainly was. Blessings
Flag Fri Mar 14, 2014
More specifically the 47302 area code... thx
47302 has had break ins
Flag Sat Nov 9, 2013