Crime & Safety in Yuma>Question Details

Greg Zivney, Home Seller in Normal, IL

How safe is Yuma, AZ, does it have high crime rate?

Asked by Greg Zivney, Normal, IL Fri Apr 5, 2013

Answers

5
I was born and raised in Yuma Az, a place where I never saw any crime growing up. If you can find a good job in Yuma it's the perfect place to raise a family. I moved to Fl. when I was a young adult which is a beautiful place to live but high in crime. My family still lives in Yuma and I vacation there once a year because it's a place where I can go to enjoy Mexican CuIsine, fishing and relax. I can walk through the grocery store without cluching my purse under my arms thinking someone might grab it, and can ride in my car with the windows down enjoying the breeze not having to worry about being car jacked. I like the small quaint town and would love to retire there but due to the lack of skilled physicians and only one medical hospital I will continue living in Fl .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 20, 2013
I have the same question... which area to live exactly?
Hi Greg!

I think the safety of any town is relative to the area of town you choose to live in. I LOVE Yuma and I feel safe everywhere I go. As a Realtor I have logged over 15,000 miles in Yuma County in the past 6 months. There are many great websites that give you statistical data, but I think it is also something that you need to see first hand. I live in the Foothills of Yuma and I am very comfortable where I live. If you need some encouragement to move to Yuma, Please feel free to check out my website http://www.HotDealsinYuma.com. There are many useful links that will give you more information about Yuma and the recreation available locally as well. As a Parent, one of the main things that I love about Yuma is that I feel like it is a great place to raise kids and safety is an important aspect of that. I hope this helps!
could not access your website.
Flag Fri Feb 21, 2014
Hi Greg,
I used the site below for specific crime stats and found it very useful. Yuma has also been ranked highly by "America's best places to live", "Americas least stressful cities", etc. my site is also below for other useful information. Hope that helps and good luck.

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Yuma-Arizona.html

http://Www.SeanAllen.com
Thank you all

i have been looking for information on where to live ... i cant deiced on where to buy a house. san luis, foot hills of Yuma or somerton any advice parents would be great. i would like a smaller school district. i am from central illinois this will be a big change for me and my 4 kids we have not been to the Yuma area since 2006. and keep in mind we have pets and one kid love to his 3 wheeler..
Flag Tue Apr 22, 2014