Crime & Safety in Sacramento>Question Details

Jean Starns, Home Buyer in Foresthill, CA

How much crime occurs in the Edison Ave. Gardens area and what kind is it?

Asked by Jean Starns, Foresthill, CA Thu Dec 5, 2013

Answers

6
Crime reports for Sacramento County can be found at https://www.crimereports.com/agency/sacsheriff which is supported by the Sacramento County Sheriff's Dept. The map shows what type of crime and when it occurred. I hope that helps! Diana Locke, Dunnigan, Realtors,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 5, 2013
Check out the crime statistics using websites like https://www.crimereports.com/. Also, drive the neighborhood during the day and at night (especially Fri and Sat nights). When I bought my house I knocked on neighbor's doors asking them how long they have lived there and if they have any issues with the neighborhood. Neighbors will usually be very candid. If you don't have the time to do that take a Google virtual tour using Street View and "drive" down the streets from the comforts of your own home :)

A couple of months ago, I helped a client buy a home in that area. In my opinion, it's a step above most parts of Del Paso Heights and Oak Park.
Beyond looking at the reports, drive the neighborhood- different days of the week and weekend, and different times of the day. Talk to the neighbors and ask them about the neighborhood.

Just having a delinquent teenager in the neighborhood can cause a problem...and it may not show up on your crime report. That's another avenue to investigate when looking for a 'safe' neighborhood.
We bought a house and been living in the Kerria Gardens neighborhood and so far, so good. No crimes, whatsoever. Nice, quiet neighborhood with people who have been living there since the 50's.
Diana has it correct. That's the best website you can go to, to check out crime reports.