Kim Tanco, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

How is the safety situation around this area especially with regard to homes (particularly Dolores st area between Chimney Rock and Fountainview)?

Asked by Kim Tanco, Houston, TX Sun May 27, 2012

Answers

2
Kim, I noticed on Trulia it has a "crimes" Tab on the listing information. Go to the listing on Dolores St , scroll down to the map, and click on it. I dont know how accurate it is, but it is there. The different websites out there are great too, but if you are looking at homes and get the chance to talk to neighbors, most love to talk about their neighborhoods....Driving thru at different times of day or week tells alot. A neighborhood where everyone is working on their yards on a saturday morning is always a good sign. And do remember, the best neighborhoods will eventually have an "incident" just because our city is so large and news is so instant that you will hear about it.
Let me know if have a Realor helping you yet, feel free to check out my website, too.
Thanks for the advice!!!
Flag Mon Jun 4, 2012
Good Mornng, Kim ..

As Realtors, we can't comment on whether any area is "safe." I advise my clients to begin by researching crime statistics on sites such as ... http://houstoncrimemaps.com/. This will provide an overview of recent police activity in the area. You might also want to drive through the neighborhood at different times of day, just to get a feel of what it's like to live there. Perhaps most important, though, is to just stop and talk to residents of the area ... believe me, they'll tell you all about it, good or bad. Many people just don't think of this ... I believe it to be a most valuable resource.

You bring up perhaps the most important step in the buying process ... you can change pretty much everything about a home except where it is. I know the area well, and will be happy to help you. If you'd like additional information, please feel free to contact me at ... (713) 213-6350 ... or ... al@algeffon.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al
My pleasure. Sorry for not responding sooner, but a family matter has taken up much of my time until now. If I can be of any further assistance, please get in touch. I wish you well.
Flag Fri Jun 15, 2012
Thanks for the tips!!!
Flag Mon Jun 4, 2012