Crime & Safety in Long Beach>Question Details

michaelab1409, Renter in Long Beach, CA

How is the area around 7th and Elm St in Long Beach?

Asked by michaelab1409, Long Beach, CA Sat Aug 17, 2013

I just found an apartment for rent by the intersection of 7th St and Elm St in Long Beach and I was curious to know generally how safe or dangerous the area is. Also, how much of a struggle is finding street parking in the area late at night. My schedule consists of night classes and late working hours and I am concerned with how far away I may have to park and the safety of walking several blocks from parking back to the apartment during late night hours.

Answers

6
Michael,

Contact the Long Beach police department to get info on crime stats.

If parking is a concern, you should look for places with assigned parking or a small garage. Since you come home late at night the GOOD parking spots on the street will surely be taken.

Best of luck to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
7th & Elm is a very walkable area most anything that you want is in the area and you can walk to downtown from that area, you have bike routes, walk routes, most people that live there do everything there in the area. Parking is a problem, one friend of mine keeps his bike in the trunk of the car because he have to park so far away from his apartment once he locate parking, the police is very present in that area as a restraint on crime (some are on bikes).

Check with the police for records on crime or there web site, I ask where can you go from crime in our day and time.

Fred Sweezer Sr.
1-562-234-289
Certified Home Inspector
FHA Compliance Inspector
HUD 203K Consultant
7th street is a busy street and parking is very difficult, especially during the evenings when everyone is off work.

Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943

LesleySells@gmail.com

BRE#01124037
PS. DO NOT park in the shopping centers. Most of them WILL TOW
Crime is not so bad, unless you are a type of person that gets into conflicts easily. Parking, though, can be pretty bad, especially on the street sweeping days. Check around if you can rent out a parking spot, talk to some neighbors, before moving in
Hi Michael,
I think it is a pretty safe area, but parking can be difficult to find and walking late at night in the area could be risky. It is probably worth trying to find a place with assigned parking. I would check with the local police station to ask about crime nearby the area before you decide.