Brendan Smyth, Home Buyer in New York, NY

How do we find out if areas in the Coachella Valley are safe (low crime) in our price range ($80k), and which are on fee simple land (not lease)?

Asked by Brendan Smyth, New York, NY Sat Oct 20, 2012

Answers

6
First of all, no city is completely 100% safe and you always have to be on your guard.

But don't just take it from me, Ray the Realtor. I spent several years as a Deputy Sheriff in Fontana, Rialto, Bloomington, & Rancho Cucamonga & then more as a Police Officer in Pomona. When it comes to gangs and crime, I've seen it all. When I take buyers out to show homes, the things I look for that many don't notice are the telltale signs of crime. Many times, when buying a home, the excitement can block your view of things that I notice right away. And I use my particular set of skills, education, expertise and experience to help my clients find the right place to live.

Take a drive around at different times of the day and night and on weekends, especially Friday and Saturday nights. Go to the police station and ask to speak with the officer that handles that beat during swing shift. He or she can give you far more insight than anyone else here.

Also, take a look at the following website for more detailed info on crime in this and any other area you may be interested in:

https://www.crimereports.com/

Ray Wright
Realtor - PSC - SSIC
951-354-1303
RayWright@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
Hello Brendan,

You look like you are covered for Palm Springs . However there will not be much of anything in Palm Springs in that price range. If I were you I would look in Cathedral City, Desert Hot Springs or Palm Desert. You can google crime stats for any of these locations. I can also send them to you if you would like.

Best of luck in finding your desert home!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Hello!
You can actually go to the police web sites and look up the crime statistics. For your price range are u looking for a stick built home or a manufactured home? Desert Hot Springs is not as bad as it is made out to be. Thousands Palms is in that price range also. It really depends on other factors. Please call me , I would be happy to discuss your options further.
Belinda Hall
760-660-1601 direct

At Your Service!
Help me, to help you, with all your Real Estate needs!

Home Smart Professionals
431 S. Palm Canyon Dr.
Palm Springs, CA 92262
DRE # 01887919
866-329-5922 Fax
belinda_hall@live.com
http://www.BelindaHallHomes.com
Hi Brendan,

The Palm Springs Police Dept has a website With links to crime by area. Only parts of Palm Springs, Cathedral City and Rancho Mirage have lease land. The client detail listings sent to you by the search on the MLS include this.

Please allow me to answer future questions like these for you.

Ronnie Starr
Windermere Real Estate
760.668.2237
Click on this link for the crime statistics and more info about Coachella

http://www.coachella.org/index.aspx?NID=111

I own fee properties in Coachella since 2002, and have dealt with city officials in the city of Coachella, and can tell you that Coachella in one of the best city in Riverside County with the exception of weather.

Fee Simple or Lease? you will need to check with the seller. It is case by case and have nothing to do with the area.
Best is to work with a local realtor who knows, but you can go to the Palm Springs Police Department web site and they have a link that shows crime stats. Also anything out side of Palm Springs, Cathedral City and Rancho Mirage is going to be fee land (you own the land), lease land can vary by all kinds of factors and not all lease land is indian lease land. If you have specific address I can tell you.

Jim