Crime & Safety in Bellingham>Question Details

dmbourdon, Other/Just Looking in Framingham, MA

How crime-ridden is Crooks Corner in South Bellingham? Is it safe enough to comfortably walk around with small children?

Asked by dmbourdon, Framingham, MA Tue Jul 16, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3105549006-101-S-Main-St-Bell…

Answers

3
One thing I *would* say about Crooks though, is that you do have to watch the traffic down around that area, particularly with young children. It can get a little congested later in the day, when people are coming home from work (between 4 and 6). There is a nice park within walking distance, though. Down by the old Pinecrest Elementary School. I think it's called the Primavera center now.... Lots of grass and shade trees, and plenty of room for kids to run around. Great hill for sledding in the winter, too...
Crime ridden?...lol...I grew up on Oak Street in Bellingham....Don't think I've ever heard of a crime on Crooks Corner, but back in the day when they didn't have a traffic light there, there were a lot of fender benders...Bellingham is still a safe town, you just have to be careful when you get a bit closer to Woonsocket, RI...Which is about a quarter mile down the road from Crooks. You can definitely take your kids for a walk, though. Some dogs might bark at you, but I'd be very surprised if anything else happened.
I grew up in that area in Bellingham and lived there for over 15 years. I don't find it very crime ridden at all. The South elementary school is walking distance from there and there are kids walking in right in the bikes in that area all the time. It does border Woonsocket which may cause some concern but I never had a problem growing up there, which wasn't too long ago. Any questions in the area I'll gladly answer for you. I graduated from Bellingham high school in 2007 and have plenty of knowledge about the town.
Web Reference: http://Adamroche.com
Hi Adam. Thanks for your feedback! Aside from Silver Lake do you know of any parks where dogs AND children are welcome for walking/hiking in the area? Also - what middle schools did you attend having lived in the Crook's Corner area? THANKS!
Flag Tue Jul 16, 2013