Sherry, Home Buyer in 07090

How can I find and compare crime rates between NJ seaside towns?

Asked by Sherry, 07090 Sat Sep 8, 2007

In addition to the sites that other agents mentioned in their answers to your question, I would call the sheriff's department and talk to someone there. Crime stats are not always the best way to judge a neighborhood. Talking to a live person who actually works the neighborhoods will give you a better feel for what's going on and what you should expect. I always tell my buyers to call to get the information from the horse's mouth so-to-speak. I also tell my clients to check Megan's Law for information about sex offenders residing in specific neighborhoods.
Web Reference:
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2007
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in ,
If you go to my website it has crime ststistics
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 9, 2007
Try checking out and putting in the towns and or zip code then click on the "Crime" to get some facts

The information is compiled from nearly 100 public and private sources which are regularly analyzed, on a year-round basis. Some sources are free, and we pay for a number of others. Even the best data available has errors and omissions. Fast Forward works diligently to find and correct using standard demographic and internally developed methodologies.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2007
Hey Sherry,
Check out this site, it breaks crime down in NJ. However it is put out by the state
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2007
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
You can find demographic data, including crime stats at
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2007
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in ,
I agree with Deb. has all the data you need
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2007
Now if Trulia would require their visitors to at least provide an e-mail address these questions may just be worth answering.