Alex, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Honestly, would you consider this Property being Located in "The Ghetto's" per say ?

Asked by Alex, Philadelphia, PA Sat Mar 29, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3149627881-2623-N-Hutchinson-…

Answers

12
Elizabeth Bolton’s answer
Philip Cunningham actually gave valuable information when he pointed out that agents cannot characterize neighborhoods in this fashion one way or the other. Perhaps other buyers can chime in but real estate agents cannot.
yeah right in the middle of the ghetto.
No, definitely not. "Ghetto" implies a certain cultural expression, a stereotype, and this Property in no way fulfills that stereotype, even remotely.
Not in that section of North Philadelphia. Look closer to Broad Street, near Temple U.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 30, 2014
To: "Phillip J. Cunningham Sr." First of all I asked a Question and Obviously you did not comprehend that - "Oh Well" then and I cant understand WHY? & HOW? people who have no relevant answers to a simple Question can end up dropping their 2 cent's into this Discussion. I asked a simple Question and it was not to be derogatory I am just straight forward when I talk and Sorry to anyone who is "Sensitive" to the term "Ghetto", I mean give me a Break Guys. I actually grow up in what would be considered just that and now I live in a better Area, For Mott Kornicki - Yeah I totally agree man ! I agree that people in that neighborhood make good livings and are not all bad and I know Harlem cause I used to live on "Malcolm X & Lennox boulevard at one time". My point was trying to figure out regardless of outwardly appearance what type of Rental potential this Neighborhood has being im trying I considered buying there. I mean if my Question was a bit Raw - then just like the old man said (Phillip J. Cunningham Sr." - "Oh Well".
Thanks.
I have great deal of listings in North Philly --my website is http://www.phillyreo.com
Michel Cohen Re/Max Access 610-642-0347
Michael Thanks Actually did see certain ones under your Contact on Trulia and if I have not contacted you already, I do have your Information and will do so shortly, thnx.
Flag Sun Mar 30, 2014
Good morning Alex;
I can understand a person wanting to know more about an area before they make a purchase.Modern technology makes that possible for today's buyer.You can Google the area and also go to the Philadelphia police department website for all of the area information.Federal law does not allow real estate agents to make comments on an area but with the above options you can find the information you are asking.
I will be happy to discuss with you the dollar values of the areas you want to purchase in and your finance options.
Please call me to discuss.
Don Sherman
Century 21 Advantage Gold
Cellphone-267-716-8228
Email-realtor94@gmail.com
Due to fair housing regulations, I will not comment on locations or use these terms in any post and will contact Trulia about allowing them to be use on this format, I don't understand how people can make comments about areas in a city they don't live in and not even the state they live in. For those of you who don't like this comment all I can say is "OH WELL"

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
Market Force Realty
801 W. Street Rd
Feasterville, PA 19153
866-993-8585
267-934-1971
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 30, 2014
EVERY piece of real estate in EVERY situation and in EVERY location can prove worthwhile for someone.
-
Now, if your question was, "Does a property in located in the heart of a 2,000 home community with a vigilant HOA, and restrictions stating 'residential use only" a good option for locating a gas station?" one could easily respond. NO!
-
As you can see, a few important elements are missing from your question.

What if you thought BOEING was looking to place a research facility in the area because of the great academics and research facilities at Villanova? (this is assuming the city leaders are not stealing residential real estate from citizens via eminent domain.)
Alex:

I don't know the area at all.

What if it is located in The Hood or Ghetto? Many people make a living and a life in these neighborhoods and from what I've seen - MANY great investments are made in the communities as well. Just look at what has happened to Harlem in New York (My Birth Town) and also take a look at what is now going on in Miami's (Florida) Overtown!

WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS®
Mott Marvin Kornicki, Broker/Owner
More About Me ? http://www.About.Me/Mott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghetto
Anything can be considered. Even your question .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 30, 2014
This is exactly what's wrong with this format. Per Say should never
B spelled like that. It's Percy
Well...I taught school for many years in this particular neighborhood, and frankly "we" are more concerned @ out-of-control gentrification spreading rapidly from nearby neighborhoods than we are about anything that outsiders might perceive as "out -of-sorts" @ the neighborhood itself. In case you haven't noticed, crime seems to follow money. Plus, violent crime is everywhere, not in any particular "type" of neighborhood.
Flag Fri May 23, 2014