Crime & Safety in 18334>Question Details

Robert, Other/Just Looking in 18610

Hi, We have been looking at properties for some time. I hear stay away from Emerald Lakes? Should I stay more towards Blakeslee and Lake Harmony?

Asked by Robert, 18610 Fri May 11, 2012

Answers

5
I have lived here since 1988 and it's a wonderful place. We have 6 large lakes, several smaller ponds, boating, fishing, swimming, tennis, basketball, indoor and outdoor pools, full service restaurant and bar, and clubhouse. Not to mention the wildlife that is present and abundant. Our dues are low and even include use of our own garbage compactor, what more could you want in a country community.

We are close to golf courses, great dining, theater, shopping, etc. We are a fairly large community of around 1500 homes I believe, so is there some crime...sure, but no more than any other community. Most of us know all our neighbors and there are many community programs and get together's for all to enjoy.

Don't listen to the rumor mongers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 20, 2012
I own a home in Emerald Lakes and I absolutely Love it! The Community amenities are wonderful. They also have an Indoor Pool and Sauna opened all year round.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 3, 2012
yes, you own but would you live in Emerald lakes? I recently purchased property but now i noticed homes are for sell next to my property.
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012
DID YOU ASK WHY THEY MADE SUCH A STATEMENT AND WHERE THEY RECEIVED THEIR INFORMATION?

I SUGGEST YOU DO YOUIR OWN RESEARCH. YOU COULD BE MISSING ON A GREAT OPPORTUNITY. COMPARE THEIR AMENITY PACKAGE AND THEIR FEES!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 11, 2012
Have you been to Emerald Lakes? You know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Would you like me to take you to see the community & some houses there?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 11, 2012
Well, I just spoke to a realtor yesterday who I was put in
touch with by a realtor friend down here. I told him
about what I read about Pocono Country Place and the surrounding
areas and also about a shooting in Emerald Lakes I read about
a few weeks ago. He confirmed my apprehension about buying in the area
and actually told me he would hate to sell me a house that I wouldn't be able
to sell in the future if I had to or wanted to upgrade.
lot of houses are for sale in emerald lake witch is fishy but i spend 7 days in august there i rented house with friends and it was joyful
Flag Tue Aug 20, 2013
WOW! Thats pretty unprofessional of a realtor to make such a statement. You should actually start some research of yoru won on teh nightborhood, and more importantly, on the realtor....seems interesting.
Flag Thu Nov 8, 2012