Crime & Safety in Durham>Question Details

Evelyn Dougl…, Real Estate Pro in Raleigh, NC

Hi,Does anyone know about the Holston, Delburn, Marne streets area in Durham, NC?

Asked by Evelyn Douglas, Raleigh, NC Tue Jun 17, 2008

I have a client who is interested in purchasing a townhome in this area, but is not sure about the apartment buildings leading into the Marne Avenue cul-de-sac.

Answers

1
Yes. I believe you are referring to Horton Woods, a subdivision of mostly 4-plexes just north of Horton Road and east of Guess Road in North Durham. The street names in that location are actually Marne, Delbert, Oran and Thames. I almost purchased a 4-plex there myself a few years ago but was out-bid by another investor. These are reasonably well-maintained with an apparently stable tenant population.

Is your client purchasing a townhome in Glen Laurel by any chance? That is a gated community and they seem to be attractively priced. I know the developer and might be able to assist you (if indeed that is where you are looking).

Feel free to contact me at the phone numbers below. Thanks,

Jeffrey Rich
Innisfree Properties, LLC
(919)929-3408=office
(919)818-7747=mobile