Crime & Safety in 95835>Question Details

baltie5, Home Buyer in 92679

Hello... moving to Sacramento in a few weeks from the OC. Not sure about an area that has a great job, boring. Am single, 52 years. Any ideas where?

Asked by baltie5, 92679 Thu Oct 31, 2013

Answers

12
You'll find the weather to be very different than Orange County. I lived in Newport Beach for 14 years, and it was a big change getting used to Sacramento. I've been here for 11 years now. People complain about winter, but they don't know what winter is. It rains maybe once or twice really hard, the rest is basically drizzle. In the summer, it can be exceedingly hot for 3 weeks or more, over 100 degrees, sort of like Palm Springs. But hey, if our spring weather was like Carmel, we'd have prices like Carmel, and we don't. It's very affordable.

If you like a lot of culture, great restaurants, easy commutes to shopping, business, boutiques, theater, then you'll probably want to be near downtown / Midtown. But I wouldn't rule out Land Park or Curtis Park, either.

If your interests lie more in outdoor activity like hiking, swimming, boating, you can't go wrong with the foothills or Folsom / Auburn, more country like places.

I'd suggest renting for a while to get a feel for the different neighborhoods before choosing one.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 31, 2013
Hello Baltie5, You will discover so many wonderful places and things to do once you arrive in Sacramento. This is the ideal area to live with so many amenities from the great outdoors, wine tasting, to the arts, and a variety of places to eat. I have to agree with the idea of renting before buying, get out and explore Sacramento and the different town's surrounding Sacramento. If living close to work is a priority then find your ideal job then entrust in a Realtor to help you find the right neighborhood. I wish you the best and I hope you enjoy discovering your new home!
Welcome to Sacramento. I made the move from Los Angeles to a town a little north of Sacramento and have loved it. Sacramento is centrally located to so much that you will never get bored. You can snow ski in the morning and head to the ocean in the afternoon. I rented for a year and then bought. It was an opportunity to really determine where to settle down. Everybody has given great advice. Good luck...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
I have to agree with Elizabeth. Downtown sounds like the place for you but renting will let you explore and see what is the best fit for you.
Hi Mr Baltie
Sounds like you may enjoy the energy of the vibrant downtown area with walking distant to shops, restaurants, night life and entertainment. As a single person who enjoys staying active, I find lots of fun thing to do being near downtown Sacramento. Does that sound like the area that will meet your needs?
Well I least give you a great Realtor referral.

Joe Cox broker owner of Cox Realty 209-954-9888 Cox4pers@aol.com

I have worked with him for a couple of years now and found him to be very good.

What kind of environment/neighborhood are you looking for?
I am a big city guy and am single. very active and hope there is much to do in the evenings. How is sac compared to Roseville?
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
What do you do now? What brings you to Sacramento?

Do you want to live close to your job, walking, biking distance, 5 min away...What are we talking here? We have our downtown area where you can work, live and play. Then you have the suburbs which isn't usually that far from most areas of Sacramento.
Thanks..yes..I am an active person who enjoys a vibrant downtown, hiking/walking, nightlife. I am in a suburb now....need more interesting area.
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
Even though our traffic is not quite as congested as SoCal, we do have some. Sacramento is spread out enough so that I recommend locating near your new job. For example if your new job is in Roseville and you have already moved into Elk Grove digs, you will be facing a one hour commute each way. Smarter to save that time and gasoline money for you, your leisure pursuits and your social life. Get the job address first, then check out neighborhoods within a five mile radius. You will find what suits you, close by.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Hello!
Sacramento is a great city with close proximity to the mountain and to the ocean. Situated near the Sacramento and American rivers, the area offers many great activities available all year round. If you need to be walking distant to great shopping and restaurants, then we have it all. Depending what kind of work you do or what you would like to do can make a difference which neighborhood would be best. As a native to Sacramento, I am familiar with the many great areas here in Sacramento.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Luci Wong
Mister Baltie...

Bruce is right... there's lots to do here... if you've got skills, you can find a gig here...

check out the link Bruce gave you.

You will love the weather here... we do have traffic but not like OC...

Make it a great day....!
What are your passions and pastimes? What type of job or industry are you seeking?

The great thing Sacramento has is variety, within a few hours to the coast, to the snow. Walking trails, bike trails and lots of things to do. It's all about your taste.

Here are a few sites to check out that could give you a little more information:

http://www.SacMag.com
http://www.DiscoverGold.com

Pre Welcome to Sacramento, it really is a great place to live

Bruce Slaton
Realty World eCurb REALTORS