Crime & Safety in 77077>Question Details

Need2know1, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Does anyone know what the crime stats are in zip code 77077, specifically near Lakeside Green Condos? Is this a good place to invest? Why or why?

Asked by Need2know1, Houston, TX Wed Dec 8, 2010

not?

Answers

5
That area has been reported in the Houston Chronicle to have some higher crime rates, but zip codes are fairly large areas and each community is different. Like other post here, you need to check with the Houston Police Departments web site as Realtors do not keep that data.

Now this area is very close to the Energy Corridor with some of the cities largest employers having big offices in this area. Also the expansion of Interstate 10, the adding of the Westpark Toll road make it easy to get around in addition to large nature reserves within a 5 min drive. All good reasons that people might rent your property in the future.

Key is buying at a good price and holding it for a period of time. When selling, you pick when the market is up. I would try to purchase something that had a min 1 car garage and a owner occupancy level over 60%.

Mark McNitt, Bernstein Realty
HPD has those stats. You might first try their web site. They will, for a small charge, provide a report for everytime a patrol car has answered a call to a specfic street. Investment depends on your goals.
Condos very rarely work well for investment properties. Some do, but normally HOA dues knock out your profit.

Check out:
http://www.houstontx.gov/police/cs/beatpages/beat_stats.htm
for crime stats.

Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Check the link below, for the most recent and offical crime stats per HPD. The most recent report is october. It is mainly Thefts, burglary, and aggravated assaults. Although it looks like a lot it is really not that much, this police beat covers parts of 3 zip codes. My mother and in laws live in this area. I don't live very far myself. It is a stable community with a good mix of business and residential. There is actually 2 krogers, the HEB is a little weird, but still great. This area includes part of the "Energy Corridor" in which many energy and gas companies are located and the 77042 zip code includes part of the "Westchase" Area, which is really nice also (more commercial, more apartments also). Let me add that I am giving you general information based upon the area covered by the police patrol beat in which the address you listed is located. It would be very difficult to give you any more specific details about crime. If you needed more detailed info about the crime stats I would contact local HOA's or the West Houston HPD Command center near Richmond and Dairy Ashford. To sum it up it would be great area to call home and a great area to make some money as a property owner. I do work in the area, give me a call if you would like more information about the area or even a little tour. I would be glad to help in any way possible. I can be reached at 832-377-1721. Be blessed.
http://www.houstoncrimemaps.com/zip/
Yes, this is a great area to invest in.