Crime & Safety in 46202>Question Details

Leisa, Other/Just Looking in 15674

Can you tell me the crime & Safety in Indianapolis, In 46202?

Asked by Leisa, 15674 Thu Mar 11, 2010

Answers

5
Marita Topmiller’s answer
Hi Leisa,

I wanted to get back with you and correct the neighborhood names I
mentioned in my last comment. The gist of the comment is correct,
but I was speaking about a different zip code. That's what happens when
I sit down in front of the TV after a long day's work, to answer a few community questions.

As in each broad area, there are some wonderful neighborhoods in 46202, Chartham, Lockerbie, Herron
Morton. An aside, a friend of mine bought a home in Herron Morton in 1987 when the area was nowhere
near as cleaned up and updated as it is. She was a pioneer. Now we have fabulous homes in the area,
the old Block family mansion, old Governor's residences, etc, etc. The condos nearer downtown and
Mass Ave are also wonderful. It just depends upon your needs.

Call if I can be of help,

Marita
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 12, 2010
Hi Leisa,

Check out the crime stats at the government site. Talk to a few of the
police who take the calls in the area.

You did not mention a specific neighborhood, however. A zip code is just
a number that covers many neighborhoods. Each neighborhood has its
strong points. Some neighborhoods will be more attractive to you than
others in the same zip. Crooked Creek, for example, is huge and I have happy clients living there.
At least several policemen live in the neighborhood as well. Check on Bretton Woods and Northpoint
too. If you go just a few blocks out of the box, you could find yourself in other neighborhoods you may
love. I advise you to work with an agent who knows the area. An agent who will transpose your wishes
into a home where you will be happy.

Thanks for asking and feel free to give me a call,

Marita
Assoc Broker/ Realtor
317-513-4652
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 11, 2010
Leisa, local police are always a good option. Also - please our blog as a resource http://www.relocationindy.blogspot.com On the right under commerce, eduction, stats links there is a link for City stats and demographics. You can narrow down your search to a zip code and it will give you all kinds of details about that area - even how many registered sex offenders there are.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Ann Gioe
C21 Realty Group Relocation
agioe@c21rg.net
http://www.relocationindy.blogspot.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 11, 2010
I have attached a link to this post. It's easy to use and should give you some of the information you are looking for. http://imaps.indygov.org/cvc/
Your best source of information is the local police department, why not call/visit and ask all your questions--if you are not familiar with the area drive through more than once and at different times of day--chat with locals if the opportunity arises and ask them as well.