Crime & Safety in North Port>Question Details

Eugene, Both Buyer and Seller in Swansea, MA

Can anyone tell me places in North Port and Port Charlotte that would be good areas to move to. We want a low crime area...

Asked by Eugene, Swansea, MA Fri Oct 22, 2010

Answers

3
Tammy Hayes’ answer
Research areas/communities that are of interest to you. Determine what things are important such as schools, proximity to shopping, restaurants, and local activities. Drive through the communities to get a feel for what they are like.

Here is one of my blogs.
What do buyers really want?
Most buyers have in mind what they want when searching for a home. How do you know which house is right? Most homes are not going to be a perfect fit, but as long as the home fulfills most of their needs, they will be happy.

In the book, The Everything Guide to Being a Real Estate Agent by Shahri Masters, the average buyer wants the following things:
• Value: a quality home for a good price.
• Prestige: prestigious surroundings; a house to impress others
• Convenience: easy access to work, school, stores, etc.
• Security: a secure house in a safe neighborhood
• Comfort: a comfortable, “warm” home
• Aesthetics: an attractive home
• Privacy: a private location; privacy-conscious architecture and landscaping
• Entertainment: easy access to entertainment; the ability to entertain at home
• Health: climate and facilities to promote health and well-being
• Recreation: easy access to recreational facilities
• Education: an exceptional school district or other educational facilities

This list is based on a list of basic human needs created by psychologist Abraham Maslow. Most buyers will have two to three primary needs that must be met in order to purchase a home. Buyers should decide ahead of time before they meet with a real estate agent what is important to them. An agent can better help a buyer find a home knowing and understanding what the basic needs an requirements are.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL tammyhayesre@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 24, 2010
I would go to http://www.neighborhoodscout.com. This breaks down different sections of North Port, as to the safest areas to live. I live in North Port, and according to that site I am in a safer section of North Port. In my opinion I agree with what the site says.
Consider doing some of your own homework first; visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging, possibly chat with locals, look at everything that is important to you, etc.; check out area statistics if concerned about crime/safety--contact/visit the local police department, ask all your questions and hear all there is hear firsthand--real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.