Crime & Safety in Rossville>Question Details

sephardicgirl, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

Can anyone tell me how the community is in the " The Greens" in Arden Heights/Rossville?

Asked by sephardicgirl, Staten Island, NY Sun Jun 30, 2013

Answers

6
Ann Marie Focca’s answer
Arden Heights, Huguenot, Rossville, Village Greens, Annadale - Community is the KEY WORD.
A sense of belonging is a comfortable feeling. It is a Family orientated area, close to Schools, Shopping, Local & Express Buses, 440 North or South, New state of the art Soccer Fields and soon to be close to a Park that will be Larger then Central Park. Take a look at the future of Staten Island
You can visit A Family Affair Realty on Facebook and see what is going on, on Staten Island.
Check out our useful links on our website http://www.afarealtor.com and see what some of the Area Merchants have to offer.
Want to belong? This is where you need to be, the South Side of Staten Island.
Feel free to call me with any additional questions you may have. Ann Marie Focca 718-351-3300
sephardicgirl: Don't listen to these Real Estate Agents. They are looking to sell you a home, so they aren't going to tell you the truth about the Village Greens in Arden Heights. The truth is that the Village Greens is a shithole. It is a congested, mismanaged development, which seems to attract the dregs of society.
Flag Sat Aug 2, 2014
In addition to all the great information you have already been supplied, drive around the area yourself and talk to the people. Neighbors will give you first hand account of their experience in the community, pros and cons etc, so you can judge for yourself whether it is suitable for you and your family.
The Arden Heights name refers to the hill that sits just above the Village Greens shopping center and housing development. The Greens feature clustered homes built around looped streets – one way in, one way out. Off the main thoroughfares of Arden Avenue and Arthur Kill Road, these streets – Hampton Green, Forest Green, Dover Green and Carlyle Green. The median sales price for homes in Arden Heights, Staten Island for Mar 13 to May 13 was $370,000 based on 25 sales. Compared to the same period one year ago, the median sales price decreased 6.9%, or $27,500, and the number of sales increased 13.6%. Average price per square foot for Arden Heights was $233, a decrease of 4.1% compared to the same period last year. There are currently 87 resale and new homes in Staten Island on Trulia, including 1 open house, as well as 114 homes in the pre-foreclosure, auction, or bank-owned stages of the foreclosure process. The average listing price for homes for sale in Arden Heights was $388,931 for the week ending Jun 19, which represents a decrease of 1.8%, or $7,113, compared to the prior week.
Good morning,
There are a few different communities in Arden Heights and Huguenot, that are based around two very nice parks (maintained by the HOA's). Not all of the communities have access to the Pools or Tennis Courts though.

They all are pretty convenient to Shopping, Local & Express Buses, and the Public elementary school.

Houses in Rossville have no relation to any of these communities.

Open Google Maps and give me a call and I can give you some insight into each. I think it would be easier to explain that way, as opposed to going into the details here.

Will Knoop

P.S. I am at the end of my Real Estate career so there would be absolutely no pressure to view any homes through me.
The schools are wonderful. There are also tennis courts. in addition to what what mentioned previously ,It is a great, safe area for kid to grow up and have a lot to do there during the summer months, In addition there are many different size homes. There is even a 4 bedroom in the greens with a separate family room if you need the space
It's a wonderful community with low association dues, under $60 monthly, and a huge park with 2 Olympic size pools, a kiddy pool, concession stand, playgrounds, paddle ball & basket ball courts.
The homes were very well made around looping streets and some back the park.
Easy access to schools, shopping and transportation.
If you would like to see the homes that are for sale in Village Greens call me and I'll arrange a tour.
Rita 917-533-6234