Crime & Safety in Congers>Question Details

Debbie, Home Seller in Clayton, NC

Can anyone tell me about Congers, NY? We are relocating from NC; originally from Connecticut.

Asked by Debbie, Clayton, NC Wed Apr 29, 2009

Answers

2
Hi Debbie,
Congers is a lovely hamlet in Clarkstown. Congers is about 3 miles long and wide and is home to approximately 8,500 people. It is near Rockland Lake State Park, Congers Lake, Swartwout Lake and the county Reservoir known as Lake DeForest. There are 2 public elementary school in Congers, and the private Rockland Country Day School (K-12). Congers children go to Felix Festa Middle School and Clarkstown North High School.

Rockland county has several cultural venues, and we are near Westchester and New York City. It is a great place to call home.

The median home price was in the low $400,000s at the end of 2008.

Our MLS system shows 40 active listing in Congers. The prices range from $335K- to $575K. I am a broker at Joyce Realty and my colleagues have 3 active listings in Congers. In the last 6 months, there have been 14 Congers homes sold/under contract. For the 6 sold, the price rage was $325,000-$475,000. The other 8 homes are currently under contract.

If you are not already working with a Realtor, I would love to answer any further questions you have about Congers. Good Luck and welcome to Rockland County.

Maureen McEnroe
RE Broker Joyce Realty
914-588-1873
Mmcenroe@joycerealty.com
Wonderful community as is most of Rockland County. Enjoy the wonderful scenic pleasures of Rockland Lake as well for exercise, row boating, etc. Three miles around and lots to see. Any further questions email me at allan.erps@randrealty.com or call me @ 845-304-3040. Regards Allan