Crime & Safety in Aventura>Question Details

Mott Marvin…, Real Estate Pro in Sunny Isles Beach, FL

Can a condo association be held liable for murder?

Asked by Mott Marvin Kornicki, Sunny Isles Beach, FL Sat Nov 27, 2010

My best friend was denied access to Parc Central Aventura, East and died yesterday. His medicine was in the apartment and the management said No Access... SFCM could they be charged with Homicide?

Answers

20
Mott, you're obsessing - and I don't fault you for it. But please, do seek out a professional tomorrow. You need to keep your professionalism even while you are grieving.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 28, 2010
The CAM did know about the severity of the situation. The Holiday Weekend just made things worse.

The security on guard did not speak English- conversational English.

ANYONE, that deals with the public must speak and read ENGLISH in order to be EMPLOYED in the USA.

This is the kind of LAW that needs to be enacted. Too many people too few BRAINS.

Until the Florida Condominium Act is modified..... DO NOT BUY OR RENT in a CONDOMINIUM. <3 Rest in Peace.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 27, 2010
Your in luck, One of the best trial Attorneys in the country is in your area.

Michael Palahach (a high school friend of mine) - See Super Lawyers
at
http://www.superlawyers.com/florida/lawyer/Michael-Palahach-…

His web site is:

http://www.michaelpalahach.com

305-443-3329

Just tell him Bennett sent you
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 27, 2010
That is awful - and I agree - talk to an attorney who can best advise on whether you've got a case. How terrible - was your friend a resident or just visiting? I'm sure the devil is in the details but given the outcome of the "decision without compassion" it is horrid.

Tell us more about the new condo law....

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 27, 2010
http://www.trulia.com/voices/Crime_and_Safety/Can_a_condo_as…

Can this really be happening? Indeed it can and does happen... everyday!

Does your Florida Condominium Association Commit Murder .... with a License?

♒ ♥ WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS® ♥ ♒

Aventura | Bal Harbour | Sunny Isles Beach | Surfside | Bay Harbor Islands | Keystone Point | Sans Souci | Eastern Shores | South Beach | Golden Shores | North Miami Beach | Indian Creek Village | The Islands of Miami Beach | Coral Gables | Coconut Grove | Las Olas | Palm Beach | Highland Beach | Downtown Miami

<p align="center">&#10087; MIAMI BEACH REAL ESTATE GUY &#10033; WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS®
WOW...this is Florida and there are plenty of attorneys that would jump on this!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 10, 2010
Alma-

We did talk to APD and visit the AHER... The Rx is not approved in the US.

The fact is that buildings and empty flats are indeed more important than people.
In a country as advanced and humane as this and the humanitarian position of The Great State of Florida- we are moving towards the Stone .Age
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 28, 2010
Wow, that's so upsetting.

I'm wondering why your best friend didn't go to the ER if his life was in danger if he couldn't get his meds from the apartment...
Im sorry for your loss. definetly, definetly contact an attorney. Once again "I am sorry for your loss".
Ainsley Daux
Home Run Real Estate inc
(813)546-1954
Thanks for the advice, condolences and good wishes.

I have found out that other unit owners ` tenants ` and guests have been injured ` held captive or otherwise harmed - one of our clients was robbed by CAM SFCM c/o Lisa Cicero, Esquire

This economic climate, real estate fiasco is apparently very profitable for the Florida Lawmakers, Fine Judicial System and attorneys like Lisa Cicero.

People are replaceable or useless.... Cement, Glass is almighty!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 27, 2010
Humm might he need someone that does wrongful death?
I am so sorry to hear about your loss...Parc Central is around the corner from our office........I will ask around and try to find out the answer to your question. As mentioned, you can call Jonathan, or an attorney that represents condo associations here in S. Florida.
Call Jonathan Jordan..........a criminal attorney.........305-785-4947..........he might be able to help.........he is my son............with Andrew Reir
Contact an Attorney right away. I don't know if they can be charged with murder but it sure seems that a Wrongful Death suit might be in order. Call an Attorney ASAP!
Mott, this must be a very stressful time for you. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my best friend like this. With all the pain, it must be very difficult to serve your clients the way they deserve. Although we don't know each other, would you consider talking to a counselor this week, so that you can continue to serve your clients properly while having the time and space to grieve, the way a best friend would.
omg that's awful! Everything depends on the specific circumstances...if your friend absolutely NEEDED that medicine, perhaps, he could have gotten someone to go up and get it for him...sometimes, I've found, it's all in the specific questions one asks...not to say that what happened to your friend isn't god awful...especially on a holiday weekend... I feel for you.

I'm sure an attorney could give you advice specifically fit to the circumstances.

As a licensed property mgr, even I am concerned about the new changes in condo laws, e.g. a condo assoc. being able to foreclose, overriding the mortgage...but, on the other hand, I understand the high % of delinquencies & foreclosures are preventing buildings from properly maintaining, which is dangerous, also.

we'll be thinking of you...and hope that this will be a lesson to CAM's to teach their staff to be more humanistic.
Jeanne-

I am not an attorney and do not know the law to a T. Apparently ANY FLORIDA Condo association can extract a guest, visitor, landlord, tenant, owner, contractor, sub-contractor, pet, public service aide, etc.

No Cause is Required--- The Association Can Change The Common Area Locks +/or access code.

The association may also legally change the individual lock to the apartment.

In addition- ANY personal property in the Condo Unit automatically becomes the property of
Thank You Scott...

The New Florida Condo Laws are going to cause much grief, chaos, death and destruction.

Keep in mind- These laws basically say..... Buildings, Cement and Mortar are more significant than humanity.

Never, Ever Buy A Florida Condominium!

Mott Marvin Kornicki, Realtor
South Florida Condo Management
Lisa Cicero, miami attorney general
Web Reference: http://www.floridabar.com
OMG! That is aweful. I certainly would contact an atty. and file charges if at all possible. HOA's think they rule the world, or at least their part of it and I would certainly hope they can be held accountable!

Debbie Albert, PA
That is a completely awful situation and story, my sympathy for your loss. Your question is going to be one for the AG's office or to an attorney for civil action against the management, HOA and the worker.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com