Crime & Safety in Germantown>Question Details

Ensy, Home Buyer in Frederick, MD

Can I buy a small detached house in Germantown with $150,000. My budjet is very tight! Thanks, Ensy

Asked by Ensy, Frederick, MD Wed Feb 20, 2013

Answers

7
Piero knows the area well and he has a good point on a home needing work. Those loans are priced higher and carry different fees so if you're on a tight budget it's not the right type of loan for you right now. Hope this was helpful.

Brent Mendelson
1st Mariner Mortgage
nmls#111407
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2013
That would be rare. If you did find one, it would likely need work. How small is small?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2013
Hi Ensy,
I just answered your question about FHA loans. You seem like a serious buyer, I just checked the MLS and there are not any homes in that price range in Germantown. Would you consider a townhome or condo?
Again Good Luck!

Ann Marie

Ann Marie Clements
RE/MAX Realty Group
240-997-8654
AnnMarieClements@Gmail.com
Unfortunately houses cost more in germantown
To be honest that will be tough but I can certainly set up a search and send information of anything that is available. Have you considered a townhome? There are also programs available that can help stretch your budget. I will be happy to speak with and discuss your options with any obligations.

Thank you.
Joe Shaver
240-372-8668
joe@joeshaver.com
You should focus your searh efforts in Frederick County, finding a suitable home will be challange but possible. Just be prepared to place some sweat equity into the home in the long term.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
I'm not a realtor but I do not think you can find a home for 150,000 dollars that is detached. Condo or a townhouse yes. SFR not likely.