Arielweller1, Home Buyer in Bethel Island, CA

Buying a home in Bethel Island

Asked by Arielweller1, Bethel Island, CA Thu Sep 19, 2013

Is it safe to live in Bethel Island? Are there lots of mosquitos in the area because of the water/docks area?

Answers

1
I cannot answer the question about mosquitos - you can call the county mosquito abatement center and they will be able to provide solid answers. I would be more concerned about the safety of the levees. It's one of the reasons many of the homes are built on stilts ...
I must say that mosquito's are no more a problem then in other areas of Contra Costa County. We have mosquito county abatement protection helping us also when we have heavy rainfall years we do have more mosquito s then usual.
AS to the homes built on stilts is true. That is a FEMA regulation that of course is a threat and we have the Bethel Island municipal Improvement District which is funded to protect our Levees. My I say that have done a marvelous job of keeping us safe. In closing: Let me sell you a home on Bethel Island and you can be on VACATION 12 months a year.
Flag Fri Sep 20, 2013