Crime & Safety in Glendale>Question Details

templewolf, Home Buyer in Orinda, CA

Basements in Glendale?

Asked by templewolf, Orinda, CA Sat Nov 10, 2012

it seems that in communities like scottsdale, homes have casitas...glendale have yet to find one- are there certain developments that have basements?

Answers

6
As my wife and I were looking for houses, we noticed that only the upper echelon of homes had basements. Even most of those do not have basements. You will be hard pressed to find a home with a basement, but it is possible.
Casita's and basements are both searchable within MLS. Your Realtor should be able to put you on a real time search that includes these facilities. Good luck!

Chris Spalding
As of today, there are currently 8 active homes for sale in Glendale that have full basements. Both Arrowhead Ranch and Arrowhead Lakes have certain floorplans that feature basement homes(among other communities). Scottsdale also has 15 currently active homes for sale that have a full basement and 200+ listings that feature a casita(guest house).
Please let me know if you would like me to send you a list of both basement and casita featured homes.

Lala Smith
Professional Realtor , CDPE, SFR, B.S. Business Admin.
RE/MAX Professionals
"Each office independently owned and operated"

http://www.BestSearchForPhoenixHomes.com
http://lalasmith.remax.com

602-810-0165-CELL
623-505-1747- E-FAX
Specializing in Home Buying, Selling, Investment Properties, Foreclosures, Short Sales, etc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
There are currently 11 homes for sale in Glendale with basements. Three of them are priced under $200k. Five of them are priced from $300k-600k and three of them are $850k-1.5 million. Three are in the Arrowhead area (Arrowhead Lakes & Arrowhead Ranch) and the rest are in various locations. There are also homes in the neighboring cities listed for sale with basements.

There are 8 homes for sale in Glendale with guest houses, also in various locations, but only 3 of the homes with guest houses are priced under $700k.

Let me know if you'd like me to send you the list of available homes.
TEMPLEWOLF,
Homes with basements are searchable in MLS - let me know if you'd like to see a list of them. So are homes with casitas. I have seen homes with basements in Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler.

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
HomeSmart
Tel: (480) 966-9353 Fax: (602) 507-3703
3131 E. Camelback Rd. #125
Phoenix AZ 85016
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Casitas and basements are two different things. A proper casita is a small, self-contained wing of a home or separate building containing a restroom, sleeping/living quarters and possibly a kitchenette. A basement can be almost anything. You will find casitas to be common in newer construction and in developments where there are larger homes. Casitas (proper ones, anyway) are typically found in your more expensive or custom home.

Basements in Arizona add quite a bit to the cost of a home. Again, you are looking at more expensive properties if you want a basement. You won't find casitas or basements in Glendale because those are primarily older homes. You will want to focus your search in areas that have recent construction: Scottsdale, Mesa, Queen Creek, Chandler, Gilbert, Cave Creek, Desert Hills, etc.