Crime & Safety in Antioch>Question Details

Austyn Raines, Home Buyer in San Francisco County,...

Are there any areas in Antioch that are safe or safer than others? What are the areas to avoid?

Asked by Austyn Raines, San Francisco County, CA Mon Sep 10, 2012

Answers

3
As agents we can't steer you toward or away from a specific neighborhood or block, as that is a violation of our ethics and against the law. Use local websites to draw your own conclusions as to your preferences.
Antioch is a split personality town. I've lived in some nice neighborhoods in Antioch and I've lived in some neighborhoods that looked nice by day but were a completely different world by night. Don't go by looks alone. You might be surprised to learn that some of the newest and nicest looking neighborhoods are also some of the most troubled. And many of the "older" homes built in the 70's and 80's are among the quietest places in town.

Crime stats in Antioch indicate mainly petty property crimes such as car break ins, cell phone theft, shoplifting and similar crimes. There is some street violence but that is typically a thug on thug type of thing and it is very unlikely that an everyday citizen is going to be assaulted or bothered walking down the street during the day or at night. In my opinion Antioch's biggest challenge and source of most of the petty crime comes from the youth under the age of 25. A small percentage of the kids in town cause most of the trouble.These troubled kids are "latchkey" kids with very little parental supervision. There is some gang activity but as I said, it is highly unlikely any of these elements are going to bother you.
Hi Austyn -

Katie from Trulia here. You can find good info on recent crimes in Antioch with Trulia's crime maps: http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Antioch-California/crime/