Crime & Safety in Norristown>Question Details

Susan Beidler, Renter in Jenkintown, PA

Anyone know about crime in the area of Stonybrook Drive in Norristown?

Asked by Susan Beidler, Jenkintown, PA Mon Oct 8, 2012

Mike Pugliese’s answer
Anna is correct, the best place to go with a question like this is the local police. You can also search online for crime statistics if you are concerned. I will say I lived in Norristown for about 7 years and just moved a few months back. My decision was not at all based on anything to do with crime statistics.
norristown is just a bad town to live in. no matter where u buy a house in norristown my advice is stay where you are at or look else where!!
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Hi Susan,
Agents are not allowed to make comments about how safe a neighborhood is but can only refer you to sources containing information about crime in that area.

I suggest that you contact the local police in Norristown and hear about any crime activity first-hand. You can also click on the "local info" tab at the top of this screen to see what Trulia has posted on the matter.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
i don't see why they can't say how safe a neighborhood is. ppd pages don't help.
Flag Mon Oct 15, 2012