Credit Score in 30519>Question Details

Jeepgegg1, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

want to report a realator about prejudice and unthical practices

Asked by Jeepgegg1, Jacksonville, FL Tue Jun 26, 2012

I am getting married again after being single for 15 years i have worked the same job for more than 30 years and i own my home and i was looking to purchase another home in a different location but i wanted to rent in a certain area until i can decide what i want to do so i was going to rent first and then buy after i decide if i like the area but i met up with a realtor that is prejudice and is putting thing in my way I have a great credit score but he says that everyone who lives with me in the house has to have a 550 score or better my wife to be had a bad marriage and her ex husband put a lot of bad bad marks on her credit along with her kids who are 19 and 24 but he is making it impossible for me to rent this home he has he will not even show it to me can i report him or what can i do about him i yhink he hates my color of my skin.

Answers

2
The Fair Housing Act of 1968 makes it illegal to discriminate in the lease of real property on the basis of, among other things, race and color. That includes refusing to rent, negotiate or otherwise deal with any person of a protected class. It also involves claiming that housing is not available for inspection, rent or sale when it actually is. You may want to check on your available options with the Department of Housing and Urban Development or the US Attorney's office.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
First of all let me offer my services to you! I will show you the home and help you lease it if that is your desire. Second you can report the agent to the local board of realtors if they are a member. Or you can report them to the real estate commission in atlanta. We are told when working towards our real estate license that we are to be color blind when working with clients.

I am very sorry you have had this experience and being in this business for 35+ years in 4 states (19 here in Atlanta Metro) that the agent you are discribing is the exception not the rule. In my experience 98% or 99% of the agents I have done business with are good ethical people performing their duties to their clients as they should.

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints Realty.com
678-410-2004
jeffry.scott@era.com