Credit Score in Las Vegas>Question Details

Dentan, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

my credit score is 615, can I still be financed to purchase a home?

Asked by Dentan, Las Vegas, NV Wed Apr 14, 2010

Answers

7
I work with a lot of people who have less than perfect credit. I tell all my clients that need a pre approval to visit The Lenders Network, I have seen loan approvals from them even with scores under a 600. So if anyone can get you a loan they can.

Good luck to you!
Dentan,

The answer to your question requires more information than just the credit score. A 615 score is adequate to obtain FHA financing, however there are more aspects of your credit profile to consider before being able to determine if you would qualify. A review of 08/09 tax returns, the most recent 60 days of your bank statements and 30 days of check stubs or income statements, and your rental history would be required to accurately determine if you could indeed purchase now. In order to shop for a home with the confidence that your financing is solid, you should select a knowledgeable lender to review your complete scenario so that you have no unwelcome surprises once in contract to purchase.

Feel free to contact me if you have not identified a lender that you are comfortable with.

John Paul Mulchay
johnpaul.mulchay@alderus.net
Dentan,

Everything that others have said is true, you do need to speak with a Mortgage Loan Officer. Many buyers are not aware that they need to see two different professionals when purchasing a home. First you will want to consult with a Mortgage Loan Officer to see if you qualify and for how much you qualify. Just like buying a car you do not want to look at a Mercedes if you only qualify for a Toyoda. Then once your Mortgage Loan Officer has told you that you indeed qualify for a loan and the amount you qualify for, then it is time to start working with a Real Estate Professional to find your home. A good Real Estate Professional will help guide you to a Quality Mortgage Loan Officer to help you, and if you like we will be able help you through that process. Just give us a call at (702) 586-2772 Ext: 1 or if you prfer you can qualify online via our web site at http://www.goadteam.com/Loan_Application

Good luck and let us know if we can help you any further.

John Goad, Jr.
of The Goad Team
Realty ONE Group
Visit with any qualified loan officer(s), see what your budget can handle and check your credit score again--Currently, FHA loans do require a minimum score of 620 and 3.5% down.
Dentan - The best way to find out is to speak to a lender. Depending on where you got your score, I've had buyers be pleasantly surprised when they have a loan officer pull their credit and discover its much higher than they thought. Not sure why that is, but it happens frequently.

If you'd like to be recommended to some great loan officers than can help you get prequalified to purchase a home here in Las Vegas, don't hesitate to give me a call.

Heather Peck
Rosen & Company West
702-595-7830
LasVegasExpert@yahoo.com
May be difficult to find a conventional loan with a score under 620. However, FHA should do this loan. Talk to a lender to determine your options.
Yes. Different loan programs are available, and seller financing is also an option.