Credit Score in 87124>Question Details

Bannister, Home Buyer in 87124

good credit score for HuD, ,FAH, house for first time buyer in new mexico

Asked by Bannister, 87124 Thu Mar 31, 2011

Answers

4
Not only can you get an FHA loan here with 3.5% down or less, there are some lenders that will do it with a credit score lower than 620, but more importantly, there is a HUD program called the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP), through which you can buy a home with little to nothing down and the city or MFA (outside Abq city limits) will subsidize you up to $50k by providing a soft 0% second mortgage! What does this mean? Well I found one for my daughter's 2nd grade teacher, and it worked like this: the house was purchase by a local contractor for $120k and he spent $50k to remodel it. My daughter's teacher and her husband then put it under contract for that total of $170k, but they only qualified for $120k, so the city subsidized the remaining $50k, meaning they are now living in a fully remodeled 1800 sqft 4BR 2Ba home near Eubank and Constitution paying only $862/mo! Now, if in the city, the soft second does need to be repaid when they sell it, whether that is five years or 50 years, but they never have to make a payment on it! If this house was in Rio Rancho, it would fall under MFA's administration of the program, and they offer full forgiveness of the soft second mortgage if you live in the home for 10 years! So, you can see how this can accelerate your financial plans, and put you in a nicer home than you might normally afford! Please contact me any time for a list of these homes, there are only about 15 or so left, not sure if more funding will extend the program, so act now. Happy House Hunting!
David
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 31, 2011
Yes there are loans available. We have really great deals to meet your needs. I just sold a 4 bedroom with list price of $75,000. Call the Varona Team 505-507-3959 or 505-247-0507 Ext 111
Web Reference: http://Nextageteamsite.com
I have two houses under contract in Rio Rancho. Both are foreclosures, one is a HUD and the other is a FNMA. We negotiated great prices the good news is that buyers can have as little at 500 credit scores to qualify for a FHA loan. There are also zero down loans available if you have better FICO scores.
Hello Bannister,

Congrats on your good credit! We would be happy to assist you in locating homes that match what you are looking for and going from there. Feel free to e-mail us at info@thinkNMhomes.com. We are a team of two and love working with first-time home buyers!
Web Reference: http://www.thinkNMhomes.com