Question Details

Michelle, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

buying a house

Asked by Michelle, Philadelphia, PA Mon Feb 20, 2012

hi i trying to buy a house soon i been working on my credit and i got alot of things removed off my credit report. i have three more things to get off my credit i want to pay them off but will this help my credit score or would it make my credit score low the debt is between 65-220 dollars. I pay all my bills on time i dont have revloving credit yet I just asking for so advice on what i should do

Answers

4
Your lender should be able to help you with this question as well as helping you to figure out the best way to proceed while still protecting your credit score.
Consider visiting with any licensed loan officer(s), ask him/her to run your credit and seek advice/information as to what needs to be done in order to qualify for a mortgage in the near future, then go from there...
Paying off debt is always a good idea. However changes to your credit score may take up to 3 months to show up.
Paying off any debt usually won't hurt your score. You can go to my Profile and read my blog "Building credit from scratch"