Credit Score in Las Vegas>Question Details

Kellie Dunham, Renter in Henderson, NV

Where can I find a home to rent that doesn't require great credit?

Asked by Kellie Dunham, Henderson, NV Sat Jul 6, 2013

I am a college student with an average just starting out credit score and my fiance has a below average credit score with a kick ass job. We are not able to qualify for apartments because of how low his is. We have looked on craigslist and ads in the paper but can not find any in a safe neighborhood near his work. What should our next step be?

Answers

11
Please do not use Craig's list before using a real estate agent to help you. There are a lot of scammers on CL. Call me asap and I'll let you know if you can get a property through a property management company. Thanks, Kim and Matt

702.501.0973
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 6, 2013
Absolutely true. Craigslist scammers prey on people who think they have no other option. Also, you have larger selection using the MLS, over one ad.
Flag Sun Jul 7, 2013
As most have stated, it would be best to stay of CL, If you do not want to deal with a bank or agent just yet, if you got FB leave a post asking if anyone in that area needs roomates or know of any places that will take in people with below average credit.

Also, this can be a good thing or a bad thing, If he can find a credit card offer that others with a score near what he has, apply and you might just get it. Do not use it much but, if you do pay it off 90%, after a few months request more credit, if they give it to you, both of these actions will help his score go up. Credit card places are in it for the money so, if you even leave a smill sum, say $5 they still make money off that so, chances are they will up it after a few months.

He coild do this with a few but, watch out because some use soft and hard hits, if he does not get a card what I said above is void and he will lose he few points for few months on soft and up to a year on hard hits.

Hope you get this and it helps,
Hi Kellie,

You shouldn't have a problem finding a house to rent if you or your fiancé have some seasoned funds in your bank account(s), and I agree with the previous agent with the landlord possibly doubling your security deposit ( I can speak from personal experience on that as well).

If you haven't already found a house, please let me know what your criteria is and I'll be happy to help you both out.

Alisa Cardenas
Realty One Group
alisac@realtyonelv.com
Anywhere. Call a Realtor to help. I find rentals for many people. You might need a double deposit. I recently had somebody who had an eviction that got Approved with a double deposit.
Michele Kubiak
Prudential Americana
Group Realtors
702-683-6576
Hi kellie:

I would look at a number of rental websites such as Trulia, padmapper, hotpads yahoo,etc and just start calling the owners. Don't try to hide anything. Tell them your situation and let them tell you what they can do for you. However, as others have mentioned, there are a lot of unsavory people using the Internet to prey on others and the real estate sites get a lot of attention from these folks. So be careful. Be especially wary of anything that sounds too good to be true. And do not go alone to see any apartments.

Ron
Craigslist definitely has a bunch of scam artists but there are legitimate deals too. The tricky part is tell the difference between the 2.
Hi Kellie, I'd be willing to help you out, but first I need to know exactly what your needs are. Please contact me at vladr@realtyonlv.com or call me at (702) 763-1688. Thanks,
Try Craigslist, I find many landlors that list on the don't ask for credit. It will really depend on each individual landlord.

Chris
The company I work for rents to anyone as long as you do not have any evictions and have a clean criminal history. Contact me with what you are looking for and I will be glad to help you.

Mike Kruse
VIP Realty Group
7570 Norman Rockwell Ln #140
Las Vegas, NV 89143
702.286.3434
Web Reference: http://lvhomesbymike.com
Fill out this free rental search form on my website and we will help you find a place that matches your scenario.

http://lvrealestatehelp.weebly.com/property-management--rent…

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
I can't answer that question Kellie but I can tell you that I've had clients in similar situations and after speaking to my some of my lenders were able to get into a home. While I don't know if this would apply to your situation it never hurts to find out what your options are, right? Give me a call at 702 727 1121 and we'll hopefully come up with a solution you and your fiance are pleased with.