Credit Score in Atlanta>Question Details

Terry McFall, Renter in Atlanta, GA

What website can I go to get my credit scores without signing up for something?

Asked by Terry McFall, Atlanta, GA Sun Feb 24, 2013

Answers

6
I have found for my clients Creditkarma to be a very reliable source and FREE.

Have a Good Day,

Rick Payne
678-427-5512
The question clearly states "without signing up for something I have been to creditkarma and that is the very first step, before they will do anything what so ever at all you must first sign up
Flag Mon Jan 27, 2014
Thank you for the info.
Flag Mon Feb 25, 2013
You can get your credit scores by applying for credit (mortgage, auto loan, credit card, etc.) or you can go to the various online websites to get them there - but since everyone wants to know their credit score, and they are willing to pay to find out, that is why you are being charged or are required to sign up for some additional service, as it's coveted information.

You can get a free credit score estimate at http://www.myfico.com/ficocreditscoreestimator/?AID=10436269… however it's not your actual credit score.

The BEST place to get your credit REPORT is from the official website https://www.annualcreditreport.com and they are free once a year from each bureau (Equifax, TransUnion, Experian).

The BEST place to get your credit SCORE is http://www.myfico.com because that website provides your FICO score, and that is what all of us mortgage lenders use. Other websites out there will sell you your credit score, but it's based on the Vantage credit scoring system, and no mortgage lender uses Vantage credit scores.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
shane@thebesthomeloans | 949-273-4161 direct
Great information!
Flag Mon Mar 25, 2013
Hello Lynn. CreditKarma.com witll provide you with your Trans Union credit score for free and CreditSesame.com will provide you with your Experian credit score for free. No credit card required. Unfortunately there isn't a free source to retrieve Equifax yet as they haven't gotten with the program of free is good. I hope this helps. Also keep in mind that the score you will be seeing is not the same score that will be used by a lender when shopping for a home. Unfortunately scores will vary depending on who is viewing it as each market (Mortgage, Vehicle, and Retail) all use different formulas to determine your credit worthiness. Have a great day. Christina Solorzano of Everlasting Credit Repair.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
Several banks will provide a credit analysis at no charge for their customers, I know Wells Fargo was offering this a recently as last month. After they provide your credit report they will try to enroll you in their credit monitoring service for a fee, but it’s not required for you to enroll. If you are looking to apply for a mortgage I'd recommend talking with a mortgage professional and have them pull your credit and review it with you. There are many more things that will have an effect on your eligibility than just score a reputable lender can advise you on how to get your profile where it needs to be for the purpose you desire.

Chris Irvin
Mortgage Banker
Brand Mortgage
NMLS # 75615/465546
678.251.7889
cirvin@brandmortgage.com
http://www.chrisirvin.com
You would need to sign up and provide your social security in order to get the score information.
Normally I would never mention a name negatively:
I was "conned" by a company named "scoresence";
the deatils are irrelevant, just be careful.
Shane has given you some good info.

Good luck and may God bless