Credit Score in Augusta>Question Details

Slimbeauty23, Other/Just Looking in Augusta, GA

My credit score is not really good. Is there a rent to own program that I can get into and be able to bring my credit score up at the same time?

Asked by Slimbeauty23, Augusta, GA Sat Sep 19, 2009

Answers

7
Hey there Ms. Slimbeauty...

A good person to work with to improve your credit score is on Trulia and she works with people from all over the country. Her name is Hannah Fliegel and here is her profile link:

http://www.trulia.com/profile/thecreditrestorationexpert/

As far as finding a lease to own house....that's the hard part. Sellers are still unrealistic/unwilling to sell or offer their house as a Lease to Own; Many Real Estate Agents stay away from Lease to Own transactions like the plague; And most of the public has no idea how to set one up correctly so that it is a win~win for both parties.

I have TONS of buyers contacting me looking for lease to own houses but they are very hard to find because they are generally not advertised. You have to create one with the seller and show him/her the advantages of it.

If you're serious about finding a lease to own house (I'm not a big fan of tire-kickers), I may be able to acquire one for you. Just lemme' know.

Best of Luck!

Darin
Lease to Own Professional and Independent Consultant
Web Reference: http://www.hhiinvesting.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 19, 2009
First, settle any outstanding debt. If you owe money on collection accounts, charge-offs and/or judgments, make payment arrangements and get these accounts paid promptly.

Next, begin rebuilding your credit. If you have current accounts with good payment histories, or even some previous late-payment-blemishes, make sure you continue to pay those accounts on time. If you do not have any existing credit accounts then you'll need to establish several in order to create a viable credit history.

I have found that CONSUMER ACTION is an excellent resource for objective advice on all things credit related. You'll find free and sincere advice on everything from settling collection accounts to rebuilding credit to building credit from scratch on their website. http://consumer-action.org/

Beware of anyone offering to "repair" your credit! The Federal Trade Commission issued a stern warning last year that such offers are scams. Find more from the FTC HERE. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre13.shtm

The best way to buy a home is to have a decent credit history combined with sufficient Income and Assets for a home purchase.

The best way to have a decent credit history is to settle negative outstanding obligations and pay all your bills on time for at least two years.

Trevor Curran
You do not need a “program” when you want to rent to own. All you need to do is execute a lease-purchase agreement with a property owner who is willing to do this. And contrary to what you might think, there are many home sellers who will consider a lease purchase if the offer is presented correctly by your REALTOR®.
Everyone here is recommending different avenues and people to help you out. I think you need to look at this in a couple of ways. First, find out what si on yoru credit report. You will be amazed at how many people have wrong information on their credit report. Work on gettign that remvoed. Then talk to a non profit credit agency about your credit and see what they can do to legally help you raise your score. The intial consultation in such program should be free and depending on the services they provide you may not need them just pick their brain a little and handle it yourself.

Once you have established that begin the process of looking for a home. A lot of the rent to own porgrams are okay....but you are beign taken advantage of due to your credit situation. You might be better off waiting a little while longer and going in with good credit and buying a home you want versus settling for a home becuase of your credit.
Web Reference: http://www.davedicecco.com
Slimbeauty23,

You don't have to rely on the recommendation of people on this board. The character of the person being recommended here is likely beyond reproach and they probably have no hidden agenda either, but the National Foundation for Credit Counseling is charged with only helping you address your credit questions often for free. They don't sell houses, originate loans or charge a fee for their credit repair services. You can reach them at http://www.NFCC.org.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / HUD-Certified Affordable Housing Counselor - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
Slimbeauty

I've been around Trulia for awhile and answered 5 or 6 questions and am not known for recommending people lightly.

With that in mind I like to first say I think the recommendation of Hannah Fliegel made by HHI (Darin) is a good one..

Secondly I'd like to say that Darin IMO has been a solid contributor to Trulia, always given an Honest view of things from his perspective as an investor and I have no hesitation in saying that speaking with him can only benefit you.
Why? I think he means what he says, I think he'll deal with you in a Professional and helpful way plus I think he can help you to possibly learn a thing or two about what you are asking about.

That's my 1.06847 cents worth, Dunes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 19, 2009
slimbeauty23 call a Keller Williams agent in your area and ask them for a referral to an mortgage loan officer that also helps with credit repair; you might be surprised how they can help you get your credit up and running or at least tell you how long it will take.....good luck