Credit Score in Austin>Question Details

F.garcia, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Me and the wife have a credit score of 550 to 600. Want to buy a home in the near future. Who could we talk to for advice on how to get there.?

Asked by F.garcia, Austin, TX Fri Dec 9, 2011

Just want to know the best way to get there, advise or counseling.

Your first step is to find a lender, bank or broker who will take the time to work with you. It is important to understand why your credit is where it is and more importantly you need to know where it is going. Your first action it to get your credit moving in the right direction. Most lenders these days want a 640 credit score for an FHA purchase. You may not be that far off but you need to know and understand your credit and the steps necessary to get moving in the right direction so you can be able to buy a house sooner rather than later if that is your goal.

If you have any questions please feel free to call or email me. I am a Mortgage Broker and Realtor. Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Hi Mr. Garcia,

Lots of good answers here. One of the most important factors is going to be your job history and your debt to income ratio. I have worked successfully with lenders who have gotten loans in that credit score range, but the critical factors mentioned above were the deciding factors as well as no late payments or charge offs for 12 months...

Feel free to call and get more info...512-638-6585. I would love to help you out.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Mr. Garcia,

Funny you should ask, I have lunch with a gentleman the other day who indicated that his company coming out with a new loan product for persons geared for persons with a FICO of 580 or better.

Jeff Stafford with PNC Mortgage here in Austin, give him a call at 512-329-4309 or on his cell a 972-740-9211. Provided there is a valid basis your score he shold be able to guide you through the process.

If bad credit is the issue, my suggestion would be to contact Jaylon Plunkett at 877-469-2279 ext 102, he is with Best CreditRX here in the Austin area.

Just let either of them know I passed along their name.

Once you have a clear idea where you are financially, I would be glad to assist and guide you through the home purchase process.

Note: by getting you finances in order you are making the correct first step in home ownership.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
If you are serious about taking the few steps needed, you need to speak with Tom Horne at 512-750-1468.
Or Stephen Johnson at 512-663-5990. Both of these gentlemen will help you get to where you need to be.
Then give me a call at 512-791-7253 and I’ll help you find the best home at the best value. Until then, all my best!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Hi Mr Garcia,
Matthew Posey at Ameripro Funding... is my preferred lender. He can help guide you through the loan process in a comfortable and relaxed manner (no pressure). He can be reached at 512-583-1024 or toll free at 866-414-3863 x 824. Email . Website .

Please let Matt know I recommended you.

Have a great day,
Sherry Stark, OPR 512-965-1233
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Congratulation's your almost there my advise is to find a REALTOR that you feel comfortable working with. He or She will then put you in contact with a Mortgage Professional that will be able to assess where you are with regards to your credit, and what you need to do to move your FICO Score up.

Good Luck
Robert Dale Hernandez
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Please consider talking to a Mortgage professional. There are several options that may be available to you depending on your personal information. Please let me know either a phone number or an email address and I can ask Oliva, who is part of the TAG Team, to give you a call.

Let's get the ball rolling.

The TAG Team at Austin REAL Pros, REALTORS®

Austin REAL Pros, REALTORS® - Downtown and Central
1310 South First Street, Ste. 210
Austin, Texas 78704
(512) 458-3730 Office
(512) 921-1431 Wireless/Facetime

Women's Council of REALTORS® Austin
2012 President-Elect
2011 Treasurer, Marketing Chair, Technology Chair, Newsletter Chair, REALTOR® of the Quarter-First Quarter
2010 Treasurer, Marketing Chair
2009 Marketing Chair

Austin Board of REALTORS®
2012 Installation Vice-Chair, TREPAC Committee, Education Committee, TREPAC Spelling Bee Subcommittee Chair
2011 Realty Round Up Chair, Grievance Committee, TREPAC Wine Tasting and Golf Subcommittee
2010 Realty Round Up Chair, Grievance Committee, TREPAC Golf Subcommittee

Personal Page: Facebook:
Fan Page: Downtown and Central Austin Living:
Please visit my Real Estate website at: Austin iHomes (dot) com

REALTOR® - #0563503 - Licensed to Practice Real Estate in the Great State of Texas
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
I always recommend using as it will simulate credit scores based on what you currently have on file and you can play with different scenarios to see what it will do to your score. Keep in mind, though, that this is a simulated score and is not your actual credit score per the credit bureaus.

If you are concerned about your score, I have a list of owner-financed homes that are very lenient when it comes to credit. This will get you in a home now while you are working on a better score.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Randy Stevens
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
I provide free credit counseling to my clients. Your scores are pretty good and sometimes can get them to 640 in 30 days. Give me a call or send me an email.

Tom Hess
Real Estate Broker/PLR
Certified ECO Broker
Cell: (512) 567-8522
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
I suggest that you seek counsel with a mortgage Broker in your area as they can advise you best on how to increase your credit score and also give you an idea of what you can afford for a mortgage once your credit improves.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Two big things:
Pay down your Credit Cards & Accounts to about 20% of each LIMIT; do not pay them off.
Do not make any big purchases; nothing that you cannot pay off that month.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Please call Cindy Swannack, President of CS Mortgage at 512 483-6092. Cindy can give you great tips to build your may be able to invest sooner than you think.

All the best!

Jeffrey Nyland, REALTOR®, GRI, SRS, ABR
The Nyland Team
Prudential Texas Realty
512-626-8552 (Direct)
512-267-3640 (Fax)
Jeffrey Nyland TX AUC# 16644
Exceeding Expectations!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Hi Mr. Garcia

I can give you some websites that will be helpful to you to get your credit back on track- these are free to you. Please send me your email address and I will forward the information to you.

Nanci Zimmerman
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011