Credit Score in Queens>Question Details

New Homebuyer, Home Buyer in Nassau County, NY

If my husbands highest score is 601 and mine is 730 and imcomes are enough to purchase can we get approved for an FHA loan within the next month?

Asked by New Homebuyer, Nassau County, NY Sat Dec 1, 2012

Answers

7
Hi. Like Mark said below, for the most part, your husband's deciding FICO score needs to be 640 so that it's eligible for FHA. About 1/3 of the buyers I help need some sort of boost on their credit scores. This can be something simply which us mortgage bankers have the ability to obtain in a matter of days or it can be something that can take a month or two. It all depends on your huaband's credit and what's being reported.

Avoid credit repair companies. The best thing you can do is meet face-to-face with a Loan Officer and allow him/her to pull your credit report. Some Loan Officers help people improve their credits so that they become eligible for FHA, others see a low FICO and send you on your way. I'm always available if you need someone to give you free advise. Good luck!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
Sterling National Bank
jmeneses@snb.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore for a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer; a determination can only be made after he/she reviews your overall financials....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
There are other factors that go into consideration when applying for loans, you should speak with your local mortgage broker or bank to discuss your options. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions or would like me to refer you to someone for a complimentary pre-approval. You can reach me at 347-463-2979, I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Try to get your husbands score up to at least 640 as the mortgage professionals suggest. Contact a local Mortgage broker & they will let you know exactly how you can do this or will be able to find a program that fits your needs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hello. You should contact a local Mortgage Broker/Mortgage Advisor to assist you.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
(631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Yes I should think so. If you like I am willing to work with you both finding the right home for you. My cell is 917-756-3387. I can also refer you to someone who will get you both pre approve . thanks Paulette
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Your husbands credit score would need to be increased to at least a 640 since everyone on an FHA loan must have at least a 640 middle score. Depending on the reasons for his low credit score, you may be able to get his score up within 30-45 days. If you need assistance feel free to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012