Credit Score in Houston>Question Details

Tracy.jones31, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

I recently heard about the NACA program from a friend. Does anyone know anything about this program?

Asked by Tracy.jones31, Houston, TX Sat Feb 2, 2013

Answers

4
Kay Harris’ answer
My experiences with NACA have not been good. My advice would be for you to utilize one of the many other state bond programs or other down payment assistance programs that are available to you. You may not qualify for them all, but you'll more than likely qualify for one. Good luck to you!
Hi Tracy,

During the recession, homeowners were having trouble getting modifications and getting their banks or mortgage servicers to work with them. NACA was created to be an advocate for the homeowner. NACA would hold events in different cities for 6-7 days and thousands of homeowners would come and sit face to face with bank or mortgage servicers and usually receive loan modifications on the spot. I know this because I was apart of a team at Litton Loan Servicing that traveled to Miami, Chicago, LA, West Palm Beach, Washington, D.C., San Jose, Boston, and every where in between and sat face to face with homeowners.

The good thing about NACA is that they did not require as much documentation as all the other programs that were out there at the time. I would sit down in front of a delinquent borrower and within 30 minutes drop their payment $500. If NACA is holding an event in your city and you are having trouble with your mortgage, I strongly encourage you to go to the event. You just may be able to get the help that you need.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me or give me a call

Craig Henry - craighenry@kwrealty.com - 281-806-5113
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 3, 2013
Hello Tracy:
NACA is a great program if you qualify. However, it is very labor intensive and there are so many other programs out there that are so much easier to get and may qualify you with more benefits.
If you would like more information, feel free to contact me so that I can direct you to the right source
Diana Merced
Remax 360
713-444-9905
Diana@dmerced.com
This is the link to the program web site:

https://www.naca.com

Check this link out also for information on other programs for down payment assistance:

http://www.txhomeprograms.org/