Credit Score in 11429>Question Details

keila, Renter in 11429

I need to rent a house or 3 bedroom apt, however, my credit is poor (mid 500). Any suggestions?

Asked by keila, 11429 Thu Mar 31, 2011

Does anyone know of any realtors or private owners who do not require credit check? In the Queens, NY area preferably. Thanks

Answers

2
Anna Brocco’s answer
One should consider explaining to the potential landlord why the credit is poor; you can also consider offering extra security deposit, pre-paying some of the rent, etc.; check out mlsli.com for available rentals, check local print media for by owner rentals, word of mouth, etc.
If you have less than a desirable credit score due to bad credit or very little credit history, getting a co-signer may help you get into your apartment. A co-signer is a guarantor and the guarantor is secondarily liable on an obligation. You could ask a family member or close friend, with good credit, who’s willing to sign their name on your lease. He or she will assume financial and legal responsibility for your apartment if you default on rent payments