Credit Score in Syracuse>Question Details

Pleasehelp, Both Buyer and Seller in Syracuse, NY

I live in a suburb or Syracuse,NY. My husband qualifies for a VA loan but we both have credit scores below 600. If we are looking for a 130,000 loan.

Asked by Pleasehelp, Syracuse, NY Thu Nov 3, 2011

Answers

4
I agree with Anna and Michelle, there are lenders that can work with you as far as your credit score is concerned, but there are more factors involved that just credit. An experienced mortgage broker would provide you with the best answers to your particular circumstances.

Let me know if you need help finding a mortgage broker that will work with you.

Zisis
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 3, 2011
My advice would be to contact a mortgage broker but...you will want to make sure they are a direct endorsed VA lender. This will save many headaches along the way. There are many brokers in the Syracuse area so it should not be too hard to locate someone to help you. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call me.

Debra Lawrence
RealtyUSA
315-374-3611
Web Reference: http://Experiencedagent.com
There are other factors besides credit that determine qualification, therefore visit with any licensed loan officer(s), after reviewing your overall financials, a determination on the type of loan that best suits your needs can be made; at the same time, great suggestions may offered as to what needs to be done in order to be able to purchase in the near future. Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
The best thing to do is to start with a trustworthy mortgage lender, not just a banker. Discuss with them what is realistic for you, realistic in terms of affordability & when can you afford it. If you have some blemishes to work out (most folks do), have them review your credit and advise the best path to bump credit scores, and give a fair estimate on time that it will take to heal and get you qualified for what you would like to spend. I can recommend a few local CNY loan officers to you. Call or email anytime

michelenastri@kw.com
315 701 6996

I hope this helps!
-Michele Nastri of Keller Williams Realty