Credit Score in Chicago>Question Details

Theresa, Home Buyer in 60050

I have no TransUnion credit score but do with Experian & Equifax?

Asked by Theresa, 60050 Mon Mar 12, 2012

My Experian credit score is 753 and my Equifax is 759 but TransUnion has no record of my 17 year credit history? I called and all they said it was being reported under a different name but would not give me the name? They will be mailing my report out though so I will have this info in a week or so. I have a nickname but always apply for credit under my full formal name. They said its the credit agencies that are reporting it wrong but I think it is TransUnion. How do I make sure this is all correct before I apply for a mortgage?

Answers

8
Nicholas S Nelson’s answer
Hi Theresa,

As Jim mentioned, please contact a lender before doing anything yourself about your credit. The reason is that lenders are experienced in these situations and you wouldn't want anything done that would negatively effect your credit.

I am a licensed mortgage lender in Illinois. If you have further questions on the lending process, please do not hesitate to contact me at the below email/phone number.

Good luck to you.

Nick Nelson
1st Step Mortgage Group
6876 Spring Creek Rd. Suite 124
Rockford, IL. 61114
815-289-0880
nickn@1stepmortgage.com
I have found that CONSUMER ACTION is an excellent resource for objective advice on all things credit related. You'll find free and sincere advice on everything from settling collection accounts to rebuilding credit to building credit from scratch on their website. http://consumer-action.org/

Beware of anyone offering to "repair" your credit! The Federal Trade Commission issued a stern warning last year that such offers are scams. Find more from the FTC HERE. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre13.shtm

Trevor Curran
Talk to your lender in regards to your concerns. The lender should be the expert and can sort this out for you.. Debbie Bergthold-Smith Classic Real Estate
we use the lowest score when there are only two, don't do anything yourself, let your loan officer help. that's what we get paid to do. most of the people that try to fix things themselves before calling me make it worse. Good luck,
I would speak directly with a qualified lender and see what they have to say. They would be able to walk you through everything the easiest.
Hello Theresa
The good news is that this will not affect your ability to obtain a mortgage. Your two credit scores are in the upper range and will qualify you for some of the best programs available.
As far as fixing your credit rating with Trans Union you will have to continue to work with Trans Union directly in order to correct the information.
It sounds like you are taking the right steps - take it up with Trans Union and make sure your info is reported to them accurately.
You can get a mortgage even if you only have 2 scores, lenders will just use the lowest.