Credit Score in 23452>Question Details

Dana.octavia, Renter in Virginia Beach, VA

I have a credit score of 603, a co-signer and I will be able to give a down payment of 10%, will I be able to purchase a home?

Asked by Dana.octavia, Virginia Beach, VA Thu Apr 25, 2013

Rent payments are so high that it is hard to work on my credit score.

Answers

7
580 is the min score with FHA, visit The Lenders Network, I have seen loan approvals from them even with scores under a 600..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
Dear Trulia,
I am checking to see if anyone needs help in my area. Why are all the questions here dated 4-5 months ago?
Hi Dana, there are some lenders that will go down to 580 middle FICO score but highly unlikely they will accept a co-signer. It appears that your cash flow is pretty tight so hard to pay down your debt but the best advice I can give you is do what you can and wait till your scores are at least 640 perhaps 620.

I wish you well.

Fritz Walter
203-783-4551
fwalter@totalmortgage.com
Yes. I know of a few lenders that will approve loans even under 600 in some cases, happens everyday. If you want some real advice please email me or visit our website http://www.thelendersnetwork.com
Keep in mind a co-signer is a joint applicant. Will the joint applicant be an occupant or not. How is the DTI of the joint applicant. Credit scores aren't the only determining factors when using a joint applicant. It's not like purchasing a vehicle that you can have a co-signer help...

You need to sit down with a lender and do a formal loan application with your joint applicant to see if the loan would qualify. If not you may want to check out my blogs here on Trulia on how to improve and raise your credit scores, or you can call my office.

Best of Luck:

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
Ex-Mortgage Banker of 10 years
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
Hi Dana,
Contact me at 757-705-0822 or rtate@roseandwomble.com. I'll put you in touch with a lender that will evaluate your credit score. If you don't currently qualify for a loan, they'll work with you to improve your score.

Richard Tate
Rose and Womble Realty.
Probably...there's several other factors to consider. You'll need to apply with a lender who works with lower credit scores.
How do find one that does? What do I ask for? Thank you.
Flag Thu Apr 25, 2013