Credit Score in 85383>Question Details

Jennifer, Home Buyer in Peoria, AZ

FICO 640-680. AGI 89,000. Debt 31,000 Min Month Pymt on Debt 900 Down Payment 12,000. Can we qualify for a 150,000 mortgage?

Asked by Jennifer, Peoria, AZ Tue May 15, 2012

Answers

2
Hi Jennifer,

I see that you've listed this question a few times now with the new added information of the value of the home you are looking to purchase. It seems like you are keen and I understand that you are perhaps looking for enough preliminary information to determine if you are even in the ballpark. As a few people in the other posts mentioned, particularly those with the expertise of a mortgage broker or banker mentioned, it seems that you are. Are you concerned about negatively effecting your credit score by calling a lender directly at this stage? Truth be told, it's the only way you will know for sure what you will be qualified for, and your best bet is to contact a broker instead of alexander directly as they will best be able to guide you to the right lenders that will take your loan. Going directly to a lender such as Chase or Wells Fargo could result in you not fitting in their "box."

If you are serious about purchasing at this time, take the leap and contact them directly, even if you don't want them to pull your credit in the early stages, they should be able to gather enough info to guide you better than here on the Trulia forum.

A couple of Mortgage Bankers that I highly recommend are Jason Servais with OnQ Financial http://www.jasonservais.com/home.html or Jennifer Zakaras with Suburban Mortgage http://www.submort.com/. Both excellent resources that I frequently call up if I ever need to just "pick their brain."

Good luck on your search, and I would of course be happy to help assist you at any time, particularly as you move closer to finding a property to purchase.

Best Wishes
Chris Spalding
Realty One Group
(602) 312-7237
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 15, 2012
Jennifer,
Possibly, only a lender with a complete application and documentation can approve or deny you, but your presented facts don't exclude the possibility.
You could qualify for FHA that only requires 3.5% down or conventional which can be as low as 5% down payment. Your income is enough to cover your current monthly debt and leave enough for a mortgage payment with taxes, insurance and mortgage insurance.
Meet with a great local lender and see what you can do.
One thought, if your debt includes some accounts which can be paid down to 1/3 their limit, you may find your scores will go up. This will provide you a better rate on your mortgage and increase the odds of approval.